Harmony CLS 1702 obstructed view

CallagDeb

I am trying to guess how it is obstructed with? Could it be the wall that pushed out from the SL, or maybe the window cleaning rail system. That would only be off to the one edge.

I found this pic and it look like it is the window cleaning rail device on the forward edge. It still looks like a great balcony to me.

7610232db27752e6d1a4a9c515c1f4c7.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I never thought of searching for it, great idea. I will be sure to take a photo from inside so I can show everyone. I told my hubs and he said good, maybe it'll block some sun as he likes to read on the balcony. We got a great price for it so I am not to upset just wish I had been more observant when booking. Can't wait to experience this new beauty, we are under "30" days now.

Thanks, I never thought of searching for it, great idea. I will be sure to take a photo from inside so I can show everyone. I told my hubs and he said good, maybe it'll block some sun as he likes to read on the balcony. We got a great price for it so I am not to upset just wish I had been more observant when booking. Can't wait to experience this new beauty, we are under "30" days now.

That's awesome, that you're under 30 days. We are sailing this Saturday on Harmony in a CLS. I'm going to be doing a live review so if you chime in about the balcony I'll try to take a photo of it and post it for you in real time. It looks like a great balcony and if the price is always killer that might be the go to balcony for you, depending on how it works out.:)

Enjoy it!

Andrew

Great, that'd be super. Have you sailed in a CLS before? We've been on the oasis numerous times, I am anxious to see how this suite experience, coastal kitchen etc compares to the harmony. I envy you going first, lol. But part of scoring the weight is also part of the anticipated excitement. I will certainly be following you enjoy.

Great, that'd be super. Have you sailed in a CLS before? We've been on the oasis numerous times, I am anxious to see how this suite experience, coastal kitchen etc compares to the harmony. I envy you going first, lol. But part of scoring the weight is also part of the anticipated excitement. I will certainly be following you ���� enjoy.

We have been in a CLS one time on Oasis but we typically stay in the SLS. We have been on Oasis and Allure numerous times and enjoy both of them. I am excited to see the differences with the new sister.

You are right, the wait is the hardest part.

I believe it is considered "obstructed" because the dividing wall between balconies is at an inward angle and therefore partially blocks the view out from the stateroom. This is not shown on the deck plan.

This is a screen capture of the starboard side from makelan6's excellent video of Harmony departing PE for the first time on Saturday.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2420508

W_zpsodonn5fm.jpg

Another CC member just posted photos of obstructed view CLS 1764, opposite of 1702.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51511439&postcount=147

Great find. It really doesn't look to have an obstruction, other than maybe the cleaning ladder. The aftwards view is not much different than a hump balcony, a little blocked but no big deal. If the view is similar in 1702, which it appears be, they're good to go.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Thanks guys, I will take plenty of photos once there as I know others in the future will have the exact questions. Can't wait obstructed or not!! It was thru cruise critic we were able to get a 24 hour sale for military retired and get an amazing deal. Love this community.

• 11 months later...
Thanks guys, I will take plenty of photos once there as I know others in the future will have the exact questions. Can't wait obstructed or not!! It was thru cruise critic we were able to get a 24 hour sale for military retired and get an amazing deal. Love this community.

Hi @callagdeb we just booked this cabin. How did you lIke it?