Canada At Par Cruises

ilovetotravel1977

I went on the NCL website today to check the pricing for my next year EScape cruise, and the studio is showing at 795.00 CA. Woohoo, I thought and called them to see if I could get it adjusted.

The rep said that if you click on on book it, you will get a final cost of 1458.00CAd. She could not explain how it got from 795.00 to 1458.00 which is almost twice the starting price.

So I am still confused. I am still fine with my original price booked which is 1458.00CA, but just wish I could understand how it can go from 795CA to 1458.00CA. Seems like a big jump to me. I read Mechman's explanation, but am not still not understanding.

I called back and asked again, with much the same result. Rep could not see what i was seeing and put me through to a supervisor? not sure, but after about 20 mins hold time, got a lady who again went through everything with me, but could not see what I am seeing (795.00CA, for a studio on Escape) next September, and finally she said it must be a mistake:eek:, but could not quite say the word mistake. I think she said website glitch, or they are working on the website. I do honestly think that 795CA for a 7 day cruise would be too good to be true anyway, so in all llikelihood it is a "mistake", glitch or whatever.

I called back and asked again, with much the same result. Rep could not see what i was seeing and put me through to a supervisor? not sure, but after about 20 mins hold time, got a lady who again went through everything with me, but could not see what I am seeing (795.00CA, for a studio on Escape) next September, and finally she said it must be a mistake:eek:, but could not quite say the word mistake. I think she said website glitch, or they are working on the website. I do honestly think that 795CA for a 7 day cruise would be too good to be true anyway, so in all llikelihood it is a "mistake", glitch or whatever.

Can you not 'print screen' and send them the price that you are seeing?? I think they should honour that glitch/mistake or whatwver they call it.

When a company offers Canadians prices 'at par' they should know what that means; $1.00 CDN = $1.00 US, pretty simple.

I did ask them that, because I know that it works with Carnival, but because when you go through the steps of booking, your final price comes up to 1458.00 which is the "correct" price, then that is what you go by. That is what their response was. They go by what the final price is, not by what they say the starting room price is. I do admit..795CA for 7 days on EScape would be a true bargain. heck, I would do a back to back at that price.

edit..they were quick! just went back to check. it still shows 795.00 first as starting price, but when you go to book it comes up with the picture of the studio and 1458.00 as the price. still not right to first quote 795 and then quote almost double when you go to book it, but it looks like they are working at it.

Edited by SMSACE6

I did ask them that, because I know that it works with Carnival, but because when you go through the steps of booking, your final price comes up to 1458.00 which is the "correct" price, then that is what you go by. That is what their response was. They go by what the final price is, not by what they say the starting room price is. I do admit..795CA for 7 days on EScape would be a true bargain. heck, I would do a back to back at that price.

edit..they were quick! just went back to check. it still shows 795.00 first as starting price, but when you go to book it comes up with the picture of the studio and 1458.00 as the price. still not right to first quote 795 and then quote almost double when you go to book it, but it looks like they are working at it.

Well that is unfortunate :(

• 1 month later...
I too am righteously indignant about special fares being offered to Canadians!

Next thing you know, they'll be offering special fares to people in the military, people who live in Florida, or even worse, members of the AARP. It's almost like they're trying to retain a market segment that may choose to spend their vacation dollars elsewhere.

Can you imagine??? :rolleyes: ha, ha...................