Any update on Liberty?

nol4am

The latest I have heard is from Carnival's FB page, where they are responding:

"The ship will be sailing on the 10th and we will be sending out an email today to everyone with the information and boarding times."

That's a change in canned message from the last few days, so I'm taking that as a positive sign that the rest of November's Liberty sailings are going ahead. :)

Is this the ship that leaves from Galveston?

Yes, the Carnival Liberty is one of the 3 ships Carnival has based in Galveston. But, don't confuse it with the Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, which is also based year round in Galveston.

We also have the Carnival Breeze and Carnival Freedom sailing from Galveston and Royal Caribbean will be adding the Vision of the Seas for shorter cruises starting in the fall of 2017.

Carnival is posting on their facebook page that they can confirm that the liberty is setting sail on Thursday as of 10 minutes ago......I am holding my breath until I hear it truly happens.....we thought that about the 11/5.....get it together CCL!:mad:

Carnival is posting on their facebook page that they can confirm that the liberty is setting sail on Thursday as of 10 minutes ago......I am holding my breath until I hear it truly happens.....we thought that about the 11/5.....get it together CCL!:mad:

Link to facebook page? I'v found several pages related to Carnival but none featuring any ship specific announcements.

Click on visitor posts and you should see the updates on facebbok. The newest replies from carnival seem very vague.

I was just about to say that......and Carnival PVP's have been calling people for free cruises on tomorrow's sailing to fill the ship up because so many people canceled out......so hopefully that is a sign the ship will sail.....i mean we are almost down to the time where they canceled the 11/5 sailing.......bracing for an update......

Carnival just put out a notice with earlier, updated boarding times for tomorrow's sailing and a (positively) revised itinerary that gets back to Galveston at its original time. I think the Liberty is good to go! :)

where did you find this??

Good luck to all sailing today on the Liberty and hope it goes great! If possible please give us updates on how its going. We sail on the 19th and are anxiously waiting to see how this sailing goes but it does sound like they were able to make the repairs needed.

Edited by CruiseMomTX

I wonder (and I posted this on the Facebook page to see if they respond) if they did a complete repair or if they just stuck a band-aid on it since it's due to dry-dock in December. If it was fully repaired, why not sail the original itinerary on the 10th??

I, for one, don't care to trade any of my ports on my Nov. 19th sailing (Jamaica and Grand Cayman are new for us). Sure, we've been to Cozumel a few times, but it's always better than Progresso.

I wonder (and I posted this on the Facebook page to see if they respond) if they did a complete repair or if they just stuck a band-aid on it since it's due to dry-dock in December. If it was fully repaired, why not sail the original itinerary on the 10th??

I, for one, don't care to trade any of my ports on my Nov. 19th sailing (Jamaica and Grand Cayman are new for us). Sure, we've been to Cozumel a few times, but it's always better than Progresso.

Wonder if they had already given up the port space....

Looking at Galveston web cam~~~looks like the Liberty is loading up and going to head out this afternoon!!!! Wishing the Liberty and her passengers a safe and problem free journey!!!

Link? The only cam I found for the Liberty wasn't working. We are supposed to leave on Mon 14th on our first cruise.