March cruise on Oosterdam

cruisebie

I'm considering booking a cruise on the Oosterdam for March 2017. I've cruised other lines but this would be my first on HAL. I've wanted to try HAL for a while now and this March I'll be attending a seminar in Tampa that ends on the day the cruise begins. Seems like fate, right?

My question for all you experienced HAL cruisers is.....what are Spring Break cruises like? I usually avoid cruises during Spring Break season like the plague but I'm hoping it's not as much of am issue on HAL. I'm very much a go with the flow type of gal and not much bothers me, but hoards of rowdy college kids are not my style [emoji19]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

HAL's demographic is not the typical spring break demographic. (How's that for a tactful answer?? :cool: ) I'm trying to remember any threads about noisy spring breakers, and I can't think of any.

How long is the cruise? If it's more than a week, that makes it less likely to attract rowdy passengers.

Thank you all for the replies. This is what I was hoping to hear.

HAL's demographic is not the typical spring break demographic. (How's that for a tactful answer?? :cool: ) I'm trying to remember any threads about noisy spring breakers, and I can't think of any.

How long is the cruise? If it's more than a week, that makes it less likely to attract rowdy passengers.

It's a 7 day cruise. So glad to hear there haven't been any Spring Break complaints. Lol about the demographics -- I believe I resemble that remark.

The spring break people tend to go on the short cruises --3 and 4 days.

We have cruised in March -- but we do 21 day cruises and have not had a problem with those on spring break.

I can only dream of a 21 day cruise! Retirement is on the horizon so maybe some day it will become a reality.

Most of my cruises have been in March. Never a problem. That is a great cruise as I took it on the Ryndam a couple years back. Enjoy!

Great to hear! Any recommendations on excursions for the ports?

I was on the Oosterdam last March for b2b cruises of 10 and 11 days and there weren't any problems with noisy Springs breakers. There were maybe a few younger kids with their parents, but nothing unruly.

What did you think of the Oosterdam? I'm really liking a lot of what I'm reading on this board about the ship and HAL in general.

Review Ryndam 3/22-29 /Veendam Next Year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two friends and I embarked on the Ryndam 21 years after our first cruise together on the SS Norway. Embarkation was very smooth and fast. We were able to immediately go to our cabin, an OV, to drop carryon bags. The cabin worked well for the three of us and was very near the forward elevators. I had my eye on this itinerary for a couple years due to the different ports. We did two HAL excursions; Las Escobas in Guatemala, more strenuous than expected, but we did it with great guides for a memorable trek. On Roatan, we took the tour to the West Side to see the island and just to get away from the made-for-cruise ships port. Having been to Costa Maya 11 years ago, I knew to take the $3 cab to Majahual for a beach day. I was glad to repeat the 45 minutes for $20 massage on the beach. We had lounge chairs for tip only and a couple $4 beers. No need for an excursion or an all inclusive here! Key West was a shopping and a couple beers day. It was nice to be docked at Mallory Square. Disembarking was efficient. I would recommend this cruise for when the Veendam takes over next year. As always, the crew was superb. Overall a good time was had by all!

Edited by ctcruisedream
From an old review