Very excited - just booked Panama Canal 2018!

originalgeek

Are you talking about the Splendor from Miami to Long Beach or the Miracle from Long beach to Tampa? We booked the Splendor a week ago Thursday and the 9c rooms were gone by that afternoon. We were lucky to get one. This is our dream cruise as we live in No California and the flight home is a snap.

8 day partial

I think I'll bring my real camera this time (didn't in July bc I just wanted to enjoy cruising without worrying about perfect shots)

I didn't know this was on my bucket list until the opportunity came up to put down a deposit and book it lol.

Trying to get the kids to hurry up and put their deposit down and my shiny new PVP has all the details so he can link us up when they do. (TY FMBsW! ;) )

at least I don't have to worry about not having something on the horizon. Just not on the Horizon. Yet. When we got back from Conquest in July all I could think about was how much more fun that was than all our other vacations before. I had to get something on the books just to scratch that itch. That will be 3 days on Valor in 3 weeks. Now I know when we get back from that we have something more in store!

Are you talking about the Splendor from Miami to Long Beach or the Miracle from Long beach to Tampa? We booked the Splendor a week ago Thursday and the 9c rooms were gone by that afternoon. We were lucky to get one. This is our dream cruise as we live in No California and the flight home is a snap.

Miracle 8 day partial transit - round trip from Tampa, down the Panama canal and turn around and come back to Tampa. One stop in Limon, Costa Rico and one in Grand Cayman. The rest delicious sea days.

I think they just announced these partial transits for the Miracle out of Tampa starting in 2018. we were looking hard at the 14 day one with a lot more port calls but nobody could get 14 days in a row off work but me and I guess I shouldn't leave my wife at home while I cruise.

I'm on the same one! Booked and deposited the day they released the sailing. Can't wait! Been on my list. Score an 8K super long balcony with lounge chairs. Can practically reach out and touch the canal. So excited!

We have a roll call. Look us up. There are only two of us in there right now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

I enjoyed a few Panama cruises so much that I've since returned to do land vacations. The first was a guided tour, the second was at a great hotel on the Pacific Coast, and my third may be a Jan - March snow bird stay in a rented condo.

After that who knows? Maybe go all in and relocate?????

Just booked this cruise for myself, son, and parents. The Panama Canal is a big bucket list item for me, but I am unable to take 2+ weeks off for a full transit. So this will have to do! Can't wait. I'm just wondering if they will allow us off the ship once they have passed thru the locks? I know some cruise lines have excursions but not sure if Carnival will or not. Either way, very exciting! Now the countdown begins!

I was looking at the round trip Tampa 14 day cruise last night for 2018 I believe. I get 4 weeks vacation a year, wife would have to save time up for that one. I'm trying to talk her into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't see a 14 day roundtrip. There is a 14 day one way in January 2018 from Long Beach to Tampa when they move the ship to Tampa and just the one 8 day roundtrip sailing.

What am I missing? Would love to see the itinerary for a 14 day roundtrip!

I didn't see a 14 day roundtrip. There is a 14 day one way in January 2018 from Long Beach to Tampa when they move the ship to Tampa and just the one 8 day roundtrip sailing.

What am I missing? Would love to see the itinerary for a 14 day roundtrip!

ab11c0421bcd56b42b8f2119a58d6e68.jpg

Edited by Jl154

I was going to comment on this when I saw it yesterday but I think I was too jealous! We noticed the Canal cruises that Carnival opened up this past week but none of them fit with our schedule so I'm hoping that something in early 2019 will be scheduled within the next year or so. Hope the OP enjoys their Canal experience! :)

Edited by joepeka