Emergency contacting someone onboard

For regular contact your best bet would probably be to get an internet package and contact via the internet. If you both have facebook then the social media package is only $5/day. You would have to get a higher package to use e-mail.

Since it's related and I was thinking of starting a similar thread, does anyone know if there is any emergency contact methods through carnival or anything? I've been on cruises before and never considered it, but my Grandma freaked out when I told her I wouldn't have contact the whole trip and asked how she would get in touch with me if someone were to die in an accident or something haha. I wasn't sure if in a case of a serious emergency Carnival would page someone on a ship or something? Anyone know?

Grandparents are keeping the kiddos while DH & I have a getaway. Can they contact us on the ship in the case of an emergency? Our youngest is a heart baby & I would feel better if they could contact us if needed. I'm one nervous mama! 😬

"The following number is to be used as an emergency contact number for family members not traveling with our guests. In the event of a true emergency, family may contact our call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis."

I hope you'll never need it.

"The following number is to be used as an emergency contact number for family members not traveling with our guests. In the event of a true emergency, family may contact our call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis."

Thank you! I hope not either. I will have peace of mind knowing if there was an emergency at home, they could let us know. I will be calling home several times as well.

Thanks for the info! :)

Thank you! I hope not either. I will have peace of mind knowing if there was an emergency at home, they could let us know. I will be calling home several times as well.

Calling home from your cabin phone is now just $1.99/minute. A 3 minute call home twice during your week cruise might put you at ease for minimal cost.

We use an international plan with Verizon so our DD can text my cell phone if she needs anything. Incoming texts are 5 cents and outgoing are 15 cents. No charge for the plan. Gives us the "security blanket" we need of her being able to reach us if need be.

Last November, my FIL was seriously ill and my BIL called the 800 number. We were contacted in our cabin and all subsequent phone calls we made from our cabin were reimbursed. I signed up for 1 day of internet service and this too was reimbursed

We give our family a breakdown of our itinerary, ship name and cabin number along with the 800 number.

Have only had to use this once out of 29 cruises.