Uber at MIA

WestCoastCruiser123

So we can get them at Vegas!

They dont take you the long way like the normal taxi drivers do they?

Calling in there after the cruise!

Yup. In terminal 1 go to the parking deck level two something. I forget. They have a sign. Not sure if it says uber or ride share. They are great in Vegas. I don't know the pick up location in terminal 3.

did Uber from MIA to POM. when I requested the ride, it asked me to verify which terminal I was in (by letter) and which door I was at. Then the driver called be to verify my location. first curb is for taxis, we went to the second curb and he was there.

Arriving at MIA during rush hour. Looking for best way to get from MIA to Intercontinental Miami (near port) during rush hour. Uber vs taxi vs shuttle? Never used Uber before. Do they provide you with a flat rate vs a taxi which if stuck in traffic might be costly?:confused:

I cannot answer all of this, but I do know 2 things about uber....

1. no cash changes hands

2. you must have a smartphone

Arriving at MIA during rush hour. Looking for best way to get from MIA to Intercontinental Miami (near port) during rush hour. Uber vs taxi vs shuttle? Never used Uber before. Do they provide you with a flat rate vs a taxi which if stuck in traffic might be costly?:confused:

If you don't have a smart phone, you unfortunately won't be able to use Uber. They are much cheaper than the taxi but they are not a flat rate either.

I live on Brickell Ave not far from the Intercontinental and have landed at 5:15 quite often coming home from Jacksonville over the last 10 months. It's rush hour but you are heading the direction away from most of it. Tell your taxi driver you want him to take 112 out of the airport to 95 south, you do not want to go on the 836. There will be a small toll but trust me, it's worth it. Most of the traffic is heading north and west during rush hour so it won't be as bad heading this way.

Edited by cjskids

If you don't have a smart phone, you unfortunately won't be able to use Uber. They are much cheaper than the taxi but they are not a flat rate either.

I live on Brickell Ave not far from the Intercontinental and have landed at 5:15 quite often coming home from Jacksonville over the last 10 months. It's rush hour but you are heading the direction away from most of it. Tell your taxi driver you want him to take 112 out of the airport to 95 south, you do not want to go on the 836. There will be a small toll but trust me, it's worth it. Most of the traffic is heading north and west during rush hour so it won't be as bad heading this way.

Good info. Decided to get data and now able to use the smart phone and DH will download the Uber app. I believe when you get to the airport and put in your locations, you then get the info as to how much it'll be. Won't that then be the exact rate? What's the range $-wise that you have paid in the past? As you can guess, first time user of Uber and appreciate all info. Thanks.

Edited by westerngardener
additional info