Lack of Ships in PC

CruiseHealing

Has anyone else noticed the lack of ships in Port Canaveral? I know they are swapping out the Valor for the slow moving Liberty. But the only ship you can currently book this Summer is the Magic.

For example, in the month of July, the Port of Miami will have the Sensation, Victory, Glory and Vista. Throw in the Conquest and Splendor that are out of Fort Lauderdale just 50 miles north of the Port of Miami, and there are 6 Carnival ships in the Miami Metro area.

I remember when they had four ships out of PC. What the hell is going on? Carnival you know that PC is one of the worlds busiest cruise ports. Maybe its time to move a ship from Miami to get PC back to 3 ships.

Maybe Carnival is concerned that with the Oasis of the Seas being out of PC, they can't compete? Carnival don't be scared. You have a lot of fans in the Orlando metro area.

I'd still expect Horizon to go to Port Everglades now that Splendor is headed west, but I would expect Port Canaveral to pick up a ship in 2020 or 2022 when the LNG ships enter service.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?

Would love to see more Carnival options in PC, as it is cheaper to fly to than Miami for me... probably for most folks (just guessing). I don't have a favorite port, just whichever port is easier/cheaper to get to at the time of booking, while still offering good itineraries and ships.

With Norwegian Epic and RCCL Oasis now at PC, why would anyone be cruising on Carnival unless you're looking to cruise on the cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Because some of us do not find the Epic appealing and don't care for the food or service on RCCL.

Carnival gives us everything we are looking for in a cruising vacation; it is the best bang for your buck IMHO and allows us to take multiple other exciting vacations throughout the year.

Everyone has their preferences; we enjoy NCL and RCCL, but more important we enjoy the newer, larger ships like Epic and Oasis. PC tends to have older, smaller ships, many in need of updates. Carnival is good for younger cruisers with children. Disney cruises out of PC but is very expensive. I love PC because it is only 45 minutes from my home in central Florida.

With Norwegian Epic and RCCL Oasis now at PC, why would anyone be cruising on Carnival unless you're looking to cruise on the cheap?

Because I AM looking to cruise "on the cheap" Don't need all the bells and whistles, just a clean, nice ship, decent food, the ocean, and the same ports-of-call for less money. Cruising for me is enjoying time at sea and at interesting ports of call with my bride. I don't need rock climbing walls and ice skating rinks to do that, so in my case, why pay extra for it? Some like all the glitter and hype and that's fine for them. Me, I don't need it.

Sounds like Carnival meets your needs and that's great. We enjoy the extras that come with the newer larger ships, especially enjoy the shows and having a private balcony for quiet time.

We have something in common. We too always book a balcony cabin. Yes, we each have our own needs and desires and preferences. I would not enjoy a mega ship. I've looked at the layouts of Oasis and others, looked at lots of pics, and read many reviews. It isn't for me. But I'm glad it is an option for folks who desire that. For my tastes, Conquest class ships are optimal. I would like to see another Conquest class ship or even Dream class ship at PC. Edited by Towel Critter

What's interesting is that Carnival has a lot of markets largely to themselves - Royal has no ships in New Orleans, Mobile, Jacksonville, Charleston, Norfolk, or Baltimore. Royal has also conceded the West Coast to Carnival, as Royal just has Radiance of the Seas splitting time between Sydney, Seward, and Vancouver.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?