Ruby Princess Question

jsg4535

What is the best deck for a balcony stateroom in your opinion. After searching it seems deck 10 caribe would be a good fit for my mom and dad because it is half covered and half uncovered. Just want to give them good options. Thank you

Edited by jsg4535
Searched the answer.

What is the best deck for a balcony stateroom in your opinion. After searching it seems deck 10 caribe would be a good fit for my mom and dad because it is half covered and half uncovered. Just want to give them good options. Thank you

Edited post:

D'Oh! Never mind. I see you said Ruby. My bad. Yes, I agree that Caribe balconies are great. (If you read this before editing then: My bad.)

Edited by Thrak

Agree with Caribe deck, but rather than midship, I prefer more toward the aft, in the 600s-700s. Especially the 700s because it's quite as there is less foot traffic in the corridors, and puts you near the aft stairs/elevators.

A mini suite might be nice as they get a sofa....Just sayin'

Also everyone in above balconies can look at you from on Caribe, I don't care for that on princess ships.

I like the privacy of Emerald aft minis or I go Lido for balconies or deluxe balconies stern of the ship.

Just had MS E731 on Ruby's MR Oct. 15 sailing....staff and service was excellent, whatever cabin you pick your parents will have a wonderful time.

Edited by land lover

I had a Caribe balcony (C623) in September this year. I am that nerd who brought a tape measure on board. The Caribe balconies are 9 feet by 9 feet. The other balconies are 5 feet by 9 feet.

People can look down on you and you can look up at them. But you can also be hidden by the five foot over hang from above.

The cabins are a little less than nine feet wide and about twenty feet deep.

Enjoy,

Christie

They would enjoy having a mid-ship location because they will never be more than half way to wherever they go from their cabin or return to their cabin.

We love having a cabin as close as possible to the mid-ship elevator lobby.

Noise has never been a problem in that location. :)

A mini suite might be nice as they get a sofa....Just sayin'

Also everyone in above balconies can look at you from on Caribe, I don't care for that on princess ships.

I like the privacy of Emerald aft minis or I go Lido for balconies or deluxe balconies stern of the ship.

Just had MS E731 on Ruby's MR Oct. 15 sailing....staff and service was excellent, whatever cabin you pick your parents will have a wonderful time.

Jumping in with a question - just booked a mini on dolphin deck on the Ruby.....prefer the easy location of the Emerald deck minis in the side/aft, but was concerned about possible noise from below......thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jumping in with a question - just booked a mini on dolphin deck on the Ruby.....prefer the easy location of the Emerald deck minis in the side/aft, but was concerned about possible noise from below......thoughts? Thanks!

We have stayed in Emerald deck mini's on the Ruby in quite a few locations including the aft ones and have never had an issue from noise.

There are comments from time to time that the 2 aft port/starboard cabins hear some bass from Club Fusion but we never have.