Port Canaveral shuttle/hotel recommendations?

pdilme92

Hey everyone!

My fiance and I will be flying into MCO (orlando airport) on the Saturday before we leave for our honeymoon on the Oasis of the Seas. We plan on staying the night near the port then headed to the ship in the morning!

We are looking for suggestions on shuttles and hotels. We have been looking at the Raddison by the port and their shuttle service of Cocoa Beach shuttle to take us from MCO to the hotel, to the boat in the morning and then back to the airport afterwards.

Any experience with this hotel and shuttle company or any other suggestions?

I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

Radisson is a very good option used by several cruisers. We usually stay at the Courtyard Marriott mostly because we have points and we like Marriott

However you will appreciation to have a car in Cocoa beach and it is a cheaper option than shuttle from MCO. You can rent at the airport and drop off for free in Cocoa Beach with Avis. Last time I checked Thrifty was charging for their drop off. Both Avis and Thrifty have a free shuttle to and back from the pier. hope that helps!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

Another vote for using a one-way car rental to get from MCO to PC; post cruise use a shuttle unless you have a flight leaving after about 2:00 PM Coco Beach Shuttle, Travellynx and Cortrans are the most often suggested shuttle providers.

We prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels in every price range (and some very nice places to start a honeymoon ;) Then drive to PC the morning of your cruise - easy drive, takes about an hour.

Edited by JohninDC

We usually stay at the Marriot Courtyard in Cocoa Beach .Nice property plus we have Marriot points . Last 2 times we rented a car at MCO and returned it at Budget .They were not charging for a one way rental. They too, will shuttle you to the pier for free .We found this more economical than a shuttle for us.

We took advice from JohninDC and booked a one way car rental thru Avis. We got a Prius, just 2 adults, for $42 total.

Going thru Avis website was cheaper than using Costco. They came in cheaper than everyone else and we liked they weren't in the port but Cocoa Beach area. Figured it wouldn't be as crazy as rental places in Port. They have multiple shuttles and run every 15 minutes (they said)

Thanks JohninDC for your excellent advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like the Residence Inn, which has the Hertz office in the same parking lot. Very nice property with true two-bedroom suites.

Two bedrooms :eek:

That's a rough way to start a Honeymoon. ;)

Get a jacuzzi room at the Radisson or maybe splurge a little and book the Inn at Cocoa Beach. Great location on the beach near Ron Jon's.

http://theinnatcocoabeach.com/

And do get the rental car.

Edited by John&LaLa

We took advice from JohninDC and booked a one way car rental thru Avis. We got a Prius, just 2 adults, for $42 total.

Going thru Avis website was cheaper than using Costco. They came in cheaper than everyone else and we liked they weren't in the port but Cocoa Beach area. Figured it wouldn't be as crazy as rental places in Port. They have multiple shuttles and run every 15 minutes (they said)

Thanks JohninDC for your excellent advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was right!! Why can't I ever get my wife to admit this? :o

Thanks all for the advice! Unfortunately it won't make sense for us to rent a car as were both 24, a year short of the 25+ rule so if we were to rent they impose extra surcharges and fees on us. All of the rentals I have looked at are over $100 one way :(

However I definitely appreciate all of the advice on the hotels in the area! We will look into some of those too!

Four Points Sheraton is right next to the big Ron Jon' date=' and also across the street from tons of food options, grocery store, pharmacy, etc.... Nice hotel with a good restaurant that has a big shark tank![/quote']

Pool is in the garage though. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I have checked Avis and hertz for my dates for a rental car pick up at MCO and return at port canaveral area. I am 40. The lowest available is $72... it seems a shuttle would be the cheaper option

Keep shopping - you will find rates dropping as you get closer to your 2017 cruise dates. You can sometimes find FLA specific discount codes on some of the WDW boards (All Ears, etc.)

We do exactly what you first asked about doing. Just got back as a matter of fact from doing that. We fly into MCO the night before our cruise, and we book Cocoa Beach shuttle, we pay for the RT shuttle. So they take us to the Radisson that night, and then in the morning we used a local shuttle (well, different this time because of going with friends), and then when we docked this morning we had our Cocoa Beach shuttle return trip reservation there. Walked off the ship at 8:00 and went right over to the desk to check in. We had to wait because our friends had to go get their car by the Radisson and bring us something. But once we were ready, we waited like 15-20 minutes for the next shuttle.

I have checked Avis and hertz for my dates for a rental car pick up at MCO and return at port canaveral area. I am 40. The lowest available is $72... it seems a shuttle would be the cheaper option

It is nice to have a car for the night you are in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Get the shuttle for the trip back to the airport is my advice.

Edited by John&LaLa