Epic Question

BamaLady#13

Buy the premium seats to get a up close view of the show. No benefit to sit in the back of the room and only see part of the show.

Queue for the show early (have someone from your group in line 60 minutes before show time, with the rest showing up at least 30 minutes before show time). Seating is first come first serve and the hosts seat front to back. Havens guests will be seated first through a side stage door, so the "best" seats go to the suites guests.

It's been a long time since we were on the Epic, but I was thinking the standard seating was ok because it's balcony seating verses the Breakaway/Getaway standard seating being in the back. I just booked standard seating for my parents on the Epic, so would like to hear from any recent cruisers if this is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had premium and were 2nd in the line and were sat in the first 2 seats of the table next to the stage. The standard were in the booths around the outside and a bit of an obstructed view from the tables in front. I got grabbed twice to be part of the show

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had premium and were 2nd in the line and were sat in the first 2 seats of the table next to the stage. The standard were in the booths around the outside and a bit of an obstructed view from the tables in front. I got grabbed twice to be part of the show

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How early were you in line?

I was in premium and was pretty darn close to the stage. Someone from my table was also a participant. So if that's not your thing you may want to not get the premium seats. Honestly I found myself wishing I was up in the balcony.

Just off the Epic... There seems to be a misconception that standard seating is the balcony seating and it's not.

Standard seating is on the ground floor in booths around the perimeter of the room. The views forward are semi-obstructed by the tables in front of you, and upwards (much of the show takes place in the air) is obstructed partially by the ceiling.

Premium seating includes all other tables on the floor, as well as the entire balcony.

I opted for premium and sat upstairs - I felt the view was great from there and I didn't have to worry about getting pulled in to participate! :)

Just off the Epic... There seems to be a misconception that standard seating is the balcony seating and it's not.

Standard seating is on the ground floor in booths around the perimeter of the room. The views forward are semi-obstructed by the tables in front of you, and upwards (much of the show takes place in the air) is obstructed partially by the ceiling.

Premium seating includes all other tables on the floor, as well as the entire balcony.

I opted for premium and sat upstairs - I felt the view was great from there and I didn't have to worry about getting pulled in to participate! :)

Thanks for the clarification :)

The standard seating appears to be obstructed view. We went with premium and sat on the main floor near the stage, but we're not asked to be in the show. We had noticed the line building up pretty long before the show so we got there an hour early and were first. I'm not sure what position the woman was in but she stood at the reservation desk in the hallway near the theaters. She saw us and said she didn't want us to waste an hour standing there just to be first so told us to come back 10 minutes before the doors opened and she'd let us in behind the suite guests. So that worked out well. If you are unable to stand in line possibly try talking to the person by the reservation desk.

My husband and I are in our 70's and would NEVER want to be part of the show. Can we request balcony seating? Is the seating immediate or will we have to stand in line? We don't do lines very well anymore. That would be hard for us.

To be honest if you are in your 70s I don't think they'd pick you to participate, but yes you can request balcony seating. They may try and seat you downstairs- they did for us even though we were first in- but just say you want to go upstairs. One thing though, the seating upstairs isn't as spacious or comfortable as downstairs. You are all facing the stage sat in one long curve with a kind of shelf in front of you to use as a table.

We arrived maybe 45 mins before the show and there was no line. No real line formed either while we waited. They probably let us in to be seated 15 or 20 mins before the show. Our showing was half empty though so maybe this isn't always the case. I'd arrive maybe 30 mins before and have a word with whoever is manning the desk to say you would like to sit upstairs but aren't good at standing in line. I'm sure they will sort you out one way or another.

Like Newbcruise1 says, the upstairs seating is premium only! The ONLY standard seating is the booths around the wall on the lower level. We sat in one of these booths while leaving to test the view, and I thought it was very limited. Unlike some reports I heard, they will not let standard ticket holders sit in premium seats even if there is loads free. I'd definitley plump for the premium.

My husband and I are in our 70's and would NEVER want to be part of the show. Can we request balcony seating? Is the seating immediate or will we have to stand in line? We don't do lines very well anymore. That would be hard for us.

There were a few chairs at the front of the line on the Epic this week. Go early and buy premium seats to get balcony seating. They can also assist you with going up in the elevator and going in a side door if you have trouble with stairs. The woman in front of me in line used that service.

I would definitely go for the premium seating. Our group sat in the balcony and it was great--really good view. I wouldn't have wanted to participate, so I was really glad we were in the balcony. I wouldn't want to be in the standard seating--the view isn't good from there at all from what I could tell.

I believe the balcony seating used to be standard and they ended up changing it to premium and that's why some who haven't sailed the Epic in some time answer the question differently. I sailed on the Epic in March and from what I understand it had been premium seating for quite some time.