Email from Concierge, Serenade

troykahack

We received our email letter from Mario (not super) on November 13 for our 11 day cruise departing November 21. I will take pictures of our letters in our room for later posting.

Greetings!

My name is MARIO and I will be your Concierge onboard the beautiful "Serenade of the Seas". We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation.

As a suite guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a folder in the Suite with more detailed information. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

*Use of the Concierge Lounge located on Deck 13 (Please use your suite key for access).

*Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup in the Concierge Lounge every evening from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.

*Scrumptious breakfast exclusive to our Suite & Pinnacle Guests in Deck 6 Chops Grille. (For opening hours, please refer to the Reflections Dining Room hours shown on the daily Cruise Compass).

*Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.

*Upgraded bathroom amenities.

*Continental breakfast served daily in the Concierge lounge from 7:30 am to 10:00 am.

*Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants & Chef's Table, Dining room table assignment, Shore Excursions, Salon and Spa appointments, etc. (Please feel free to put in any requests via this e-mail).

*Personalized Port and Shopping advice.

*Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night.

*Limited exclusive sun lounge chairs Deck 11 (accessible from Deck 12).

*Private Cocktail reception (invitations will be sent).

* Reserved VIP seats for production shows in the Tropical Theater Deck 6, first two front rows (please show Cruise Director's staff your gold SeaPass card at the entrance at least 20 minutes prior the beginning of the show ).

*Print out of boarding passes.

Salon & Spa appointments, shore excursions and some of our other services often sell out. Therefore, it is recommended that these be booked in advance either through the Royal Caribbean website at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do or if you prefer, by e-mailing me and I will make the reservations for you. Once the reservations are made, I will send you an e-mail confirming the details. Remember, in order to avoid disappointment, it is recommended that you book in advance.

The Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in the Royal Suite, Owners Suites, Grand Suites and Family Suites. We are also extending this service to our Diamond Plus & Pinnacle members. The lounge is accessible on a 24-hour basis with your sea-pass card. Due to the adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening, guests 20 years and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all time. We respectfully request that guests observe a dress code when visiting the lounge with no swim pool attire allowed and footwear at all times. . The lounge has been designated as a smoke-free area.

Please also note that for any shore excursion, SPA or speciality dining bookings if you do not wish to book them online pre-cruise, please visit me in the Concierge lounge at your earliest convenience once onboard. Some excursions also sold out quickly, so I recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.

Please email me back if you have any queries, questions or requests that need my assistance .

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me at the following email address including your Suite Number in the Subject : sr_concierge@rccl.com

Thank you and have a safe and pleasant journey.

Best Regards,

MARIO REYES

Concierge | Serenade of the Seas

Office: 3872 Mobile: 8992 | SR_concierge@rccl.com

How much does the letter in the cabin differ from this letter.

It doesn't. Are you looking for some other amenities?

Just got off Serenade, and believe me, Mario Reyes may not be "the"Super Mario, but he certainly is super!:)

CL was full to overflowing most nights and the servers were run ragged with drink orders. Mario was cleaning tables and even taking drink orders.

It doesn't. Are you looking for some other amenities?

Just got off Serenade, and believe me, Mario Reyes may not be "the"Super Mario, but he certainly is super!:)

CL was full to overflowing most nights and the servers were run ragged with drink orders. Mario was cleaning tables and even taking drink orders.

Not looking for any other amenities.

John had suggested and maybe a few, to post the letters from the Concierge pertaining to Suite Guests and Diamond and above members for all ships. Although this letter might have been standard to Brillance and Serenade, other ships send a somewhat different letter. Just trying to make comparisons.

One topic regarding this subject was some say the letter specifically bans Shorts in the CL and or DL. It doesn't say that in this letter. Also, at times, age has been a concern (young people, children). I also thought it odd that this letter specifically mentioned that the CL was NON SMOKING. I thought it was common knowledge that typically there are only two areas one can spoke on most ships. Our recent letter from Enchantment didn't mention SMOKING at all and the dress code was mentioned to be SMART CASUAL. So, to me, there are some difference between some ships.

Not trying to stir the pot unless someone else starts. This was for information use only.

Edited by troykahack

no free internet huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Didn't mention it and we didn't have it on Enchantment a month ago. Maybe only Oasis class ships?

I have letter from Enchantment if others would like me to post.

Look forward to meeting Mario Reyes. Meet Super Mario on Enchantment and he was looking forward to his TA on Harmony. I had heard he might take up a new home on Freedom since it moved to FLL. However, he is KING on EN. He has his own office saved for him in the smoking area on the pool deck. There is a sign for him.

Edited by troykahack

Hi,

Just received our letter for the Brilliance. Thought I would post since it is a little different than the Serenade letter. It only states "no shorts on formal night" which implies they would be okay the rest of the evenings in the lounge.

Here is the letter:

Looking forward in having you as a suite guest onboard.

I will be available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation.

My hours in the Concierge Lounge are daily from 7:00am to 11:00am and in the evening, from 5:00pm to 8:30pm.

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Brilliance of the Seas.

For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 13

· Spa Bathrobes for use onboard & Upgraded amenities for the bathroom

· Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, Deck 13, from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Breakfast will also be available in Chops Grille, Deck 6 – Please refer to Dining Room breakfast times (listed on each day's cruise compass) (Closed on Departure Day)

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge, every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering availability for your dinner wine

· Full Dining Room, Room-Service privilege (available when Dining Room is open)

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, Shore Excursion! Salon and Spa services, etc.

· Priority departure for tendering port, please use your Golden SeaPass card (no tender ticket required)

· Business services available such as copies, etc.

· Reserved VIP seats for production shows (please show Cruise Director’s staff your Golden Sea Pass card at the theater entrance, located on Deck 6, starboard side, 15 minutes prior to the show)

· Private seating during breakfast & lunch at the Windjammer Cafe, Deck 11

· Private cocktail reception with the Captain (invitation available in the blue binders from the room)

· Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night (one set per guest)

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24-hour basis with your Sea Pass Card.

We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). No shorts on formal nights.

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge, we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Didn't mention it and we didn't have it on Enchantment a month ago. Maybe only Oasis class ships?

I have letter from Enchantment if others would like me to post.

Look forward to meeting Mario Reyes. Meet Super Mario on Enchantment and he was looking forward to his TA on Harmony. I had heard he might take up a new home on Freedom since it moved to FLL. However, he is KING on EN. He has his own office saved for him in the smoking area on the pool deck. There is a sign for him.

Having sailed Oasis 2 weeks ago, i find these

perks lacking.

Edited by stickyshocker

Hi,

Just received our letter for the Brilliance. Thought I would post since it is a little different than the Serenade letter. It only states "no shorts on formal night" which implies they would be okay the rest of the evenings in the lounge.

Here is the letter:

Looking forward in having you as a suite guest onboard.

I will be available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation.

My hours in the Concierge Lounge are daily from 7:00am to 11:00am and in the evening, from 5:00pm to 8:30pm.

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Brilliance of the Seas.

For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 13

· Spa Bathrobes for use onboard & Upgraded amenities for the bathroom

· Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, Deck 13, from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Breakfast will also be available in Chops Grille, Deck 6 – Please refer to Dining Room breakfast times (listed on each day's cruise compass) (Closed on Departure Day)

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge, every evening from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm

· Full Dining Room, Room-Service privilege (available when Dining Room is open)

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, Shore Excursion! Salon and Spa services, etc.

· Priority departure for tendering port, please use your Golden SeaPass card (no tender ticket required)

· Business services available such as copies, etc.

· Reserved VIP seats for production shows (please show Cruise Director’s staff your Golden Sea Pass card at the theater entrance, located on Deck 6, starboard side, 15 minutes prior to the show)

· Private seating during breakfast & lunch at the Windjammer Cafe, Deck 11

· Private cocktail reception with the Captain (invitation available in the blue binders from the room)

· Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night (one set per guest)

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24-hour basis with your Sea Pass Card.

We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). No shorts on formal nights.

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge, we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Awesome, thank you. So your Brilliance letter is different. Interesting.

Here is letter from Enchantment (pictures not included). Enchantment letter says same thing that no shorts on formal night. I don't think we had a formal night but might have missed if it was the second night as we were in Nassau until Midnight and we were on the island late and ate dinner there.

Dear Suite Guest:

My name is Nadia Escobar Paez, your Concierge onboard. I will be available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise. My hours in the Concierge Lounge are daily from 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm.

As a special VIP guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Enchantment of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Lounge, with Complimentary Cocktails and canapes between 5:30 pm and 9:00 pm.

· Spa Bathrobes for use onboard

· Upgraded amenities for the bathroom

· Personalized stationery under request

· Continental breakfast served in the Concierge Lounge daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am .Daily full breakfast exclusively for Suite guest from 8:00am to 9:30am at Chop's Grill Restaurant located on Deck 6.

· Hors d’oeuvres, Petit Fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM.

· Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open)

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Explorations!, salon and spa services, etc.

· Arrangements for private parties

· Port & Shopping advice

· Reserved VIP seats for production shows (please show Cruise Director’s staff your gold SeaPass card at least 20 minutes prior the beginning of the show).

· Mattel board games available in the Concierge Lounge for personal use at first come, first serve.

. Final Statement of account to print.

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24-hour basis with your SeaPass Card.

The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Please note that as a Suite guest you have the first right to rent one of the lovely Cabanas on CocoCay. Note that there are only 14 cabanas and they sell out very fast, so to avoid disappointment please let me know ASAP whether you would be interested.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE CABANAS HOLDS A MAXIMUM OF ONLY SIX (6) GUESTS.

See the Cabana prices and details below.

The following services are available complimentary to all guests at the island oasis Cabana Club.

· Sumptuous Lunch Buffet (for all Suite guest, with or without cabana)

· 4 Bottles of water per Cabana

· 2 complimentary floating beach mats per Cabana

· 2 complimentary Snorkel set rentals per Cabana

· Fruit Plate

· Towel Exchange upon request

· Personalized service (Bar Servers designated to the area)

· Private and relaxing area to enjoy CocoCay

There are a total of 14 Deluxe Cabanas available. Each Cabana can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests. Each Cabana has 2 loungers and 1 Sofa.

For your guidance I have placed the pricing list below according to the location of each cabana;

Cabanas # 8, 9,10,11,12 &13 -- $225

Cabanas # 1, 2 -- $250

Cabanas # 3,4,5,6 & 7 --- $275

Please Note *** In the Event that a Cabana has been confirm to you, this email will be use as a confirmation that you have agreed to be charge on your onboard account & in the unlikely event of not attending or failing to cancel within the 24 HR period, due to the high demand, REFUND would not be apply.

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have to the following email address: en_concierge@rccl.com.

Have a safe and pleasant journey.

Kind Regards,

Nadia Escobar Paez.

Concierge | Guest Services

Enchantment of the Seas.

(305) 539-6000 | en_concierge@rccl.com

Lounge Extension 6819 | Pager 455

no free internet huh?

Future Rhapsody cruiser here, this post is a perfect timing for my sake because the DW wanted a suite. I don't mind hearing your perks experience on EN since they are of the same class.

Complimentary WiFi is only available when booking a Star Class Suite on Anthem and Oasis Class ships.

Future Rhapsody cruiser here, this post is a perfect timing for my sake because the DW wanted a suite. I don't mind hearing your perks experience on EN since they are of the same class.

I am probably not the best to answer this... we didn't drink the bottled water that was on our counter because we thought we could get free bottled water elsewhere on the ship... turns out, the water was actually for us to use. LOL

Lets see, if you go to any private islands, their is a area for Suite guests which we didn't use. The CL is very nice, most of the time. We did enjoy that perk. Free drinks during the evening hours. Limited drinks available but found the Martinis pretty good and strong.

We never had to made a reservation for the shows as we had nice seats in the back saved for Suite Guest.

We never used our bath robes. We did see people walking around in them.

Oh, biggest thing we liked, our bed had lots of pillows. We never asked for anything extra. Our cabin steward was awesome.

We had a plate full of fruit waiting or us when we arrived and most nights had some special in our cabin when we returned. Loved the Chocolate covered strawberries.

We used early disembarkation and they allowed us to use the elevator to take our luggage down instead of the stairs. Not sure that is a Suite Perk or just being kind.

We never had to ask for anything. We never ate in the MDR.... biggest perk for us, Dinner in you Suite. Makes it nice. We like a table for two and are not particularly fond of dressing up. So, we eat in alternate places from the MDR often.

You do get much better perks on the Bigger Ships, Coastal Kitchen is the biggie. You may have breakfast in Chops as a Suite guest on most ships with Chops.

I know I missed a bunch but we are not high maintenance . We book the Suite because it has a balcony, more room, and a nicer bathroom.

Edited by troykahack

Don't those in SKY class also get the complimentary WiFi?

Yes they do, each guest one device ( I didn't know 'til they handed me 6 passcodes on check in)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am probably not the best to answer this... we didn't drink the bottled water that was on our counter because we thought we could get free bottled water elsewhere on the ship... turns out, the water was actually for us to use. LOL

We used early disembarkation and they allowed us to use the elevator to take our luggage down instead of the stairs. Not sure that is a Suite Perk or just being kind.

You do get much better perks on the Bigger Ships, Coastal Kitchen is the biggie. You may have breakfast in Chops as a Suite guest on most ships with Chops.

I know I missed a bunch but we are not high maintenance . We book the Suite because it has a balcony, more room, and a nicer bathroom.

Likewise we aren't high maintenance, in fact on our last day we we're taking selfies with CK and Suite lounge staff and even shared a hug or two before we bid them a 'bye(Which is a far more satisfying experience for us). So, If I'm gettin' this right, you get free bottled water across the ship(no soda) at any given time??and Complimentary Luggage Valet is not offered on this ship class?

I think I have a valid argument on my case to keep my Oceanview rather than upgrading to a Suite on my Rhap sailing.Thanks for your input

Likewise we aren't high maintenance, in fact on our last day we we're taking selfies with CK and Suite lounge staff and even shared a hug or two before we bid them a 'bye(Which is a far more satisfying experience for us). So, If I'm gettin' this right, you get free bottled water across the ship(no soda) at any given time??and Complimentary Luggage Valet is not offered on this ship class?

I think I have a valid argument on my case to keep my Oceanview rather than upgrading to a Suite on my Rhap sailing.Thanks for your input

No, we both have drink packages and it includes water. People will say well, you shouldn't get the drink packages since you get free drinks in the CL and in the Casino (Club Royale), but to us, we just don't want to be bothered with charges on our account for tracking drinks. We do charge many things to our account as SO love the Park West pictures auction.

I am not aware of any Luggage Valet on EN or SR.

To each his own, we must have a balcony, so it is either a balcony or a Suite, we prefer the Suite. We will probably never use all the perks.

And as far as your hugs.... well, each is different. We cruise to get away from people. We don't dislike people but find our cruise to be better "Just the Two of Us".... however, we are cruising next week with like minded people who we already know. We aren't against people, but SO deals with them and family all the time.

Edited by troykahack

Originally Posted by stickyshocker viewpost.gif

As you will see when you click on Luggage Valet it is not the class of ship that determines whether or not it is offered but rather the port of debarkation as well as the airline. Your departure flight also will determine if you are eligible if you are disembarking in one of the 2 ports in the link. Edited by cruisenfever

As you will see when you click on Luggage Valet it is not the class of ship that determines whether or not it is offered but rather the port of debarkation as well as the airline. Your departure flight also will determine if you are eligible if you are disembarking in one of the 2 ports in the link.

Thank you, I did not know this.

Oh, and we live here in Florida so we don't fly to Florida Ports....

Edited by troykahack

No, we both have drink packages and it includes water. People will say well, you shouldn't get the drink packages since you get free drinks in the CL and in the Casino (Club Royale), but to us, we just don't want to be bothered with charges on our account for tracking drinks. We do charge many things to our account as SO love the Park West pictures auction.

To each his own, we must have a balcony, so it is either a balcony or a Suite, we prefer the Suite. We will probably never use all the perks.

And as far as your hugs.... well, each is different. We cruise to get away from people. We don't dislike people but find our cruise to be better "Just the Two of Us".... however, we are cruising next week with like minded people who we already know. We aren't against people, but SO deals with them and family all the time.

..Hmmm, Oasis Class maybe not be for you, but the perks there are awesome. 11am-11pm free beverage hence I mentioned the comp water. Do this ship class offers Voom internet for purchase?

btw, hugs are given when it is due.

As you will see when you click on
Thanks, didn't know they don't have this at Miami Edited by stickyshocker

..Hmmm, Oasis Class maybe not be for you, but the perks there are awesome. 11am-11pm free beverage hence I mentioned the comp water. Do this ship class offers Voom internet for purchase?

We have been on Oasis class ships twice and two booked in the next 12 months in Sky Class and will look forward to the extra perks.

We normally can sail is a Suite cheaper than many can book a balcony so it makes no sense to book otherwise to us.

Yes, I don't know if it was VOOM but Wifi packages were offered.