Email from Concierge, Serenade

troykahack

We have been on Oasis class ships twice and two booked in the next 12 months in Sky Class and will look forward to the extra perks.

We normally can sail is a Suite cheaper than many can book a balcony so it makes no sense to book otherwise to us.

Yes, I don't know if it was VOOM but Wifi packages were offered.

This made me check the prices for EN, not bad. Not bad at all:)

This made me check the prices for EN, not bad. Not bad at all:)

You get what you pay for. A Suite on EN for the same time is much cheaper than a Suite on a Oasis class. The newer the ship, the more perks, the more it costs. You have three classes of Suites on the big ships, Sea, Sky, and Star Class. Each has a different set of perks.

Oasis has the best deals, Allure next, and Harmony.... we waited on Harmony until 2018 but she has many of the new features implemented on the Quantum class ships. Family has been on her and love her.

Edited by troykahack

I have Anthem on April and based on the info I gathered, they don't have the 11-11 beverage perks, only the afternoon one, so newer may not be the name of the game here.

That is correct. There is no Suite Lounge that serves complimentary beverages from 11-11 (the Concierge Lounge/Diamond Lounge serves drinks from 5-8:30). Coastal Kitchen also does not serve complimentary alcohol.

Edited by cruisenfever

That is correct. There is no Suite Lounge that serves complimentary beverages from 11-11 (the Concierge Lounge/Diamond Lounge serves drinks from 5-8:30). Coastal Kitchen also does not serve complimentary alcohol.

The SL on Oasis serves wine, beer and sofa from 11:30am to 11:00pm. Other beverages are served from 5:00 to 8:30. And the waiters at CK were more than happy to fetch the included drinks during meal service.:) The CL on Quantum class ships are in a completely different part of the ship from CK, so they wouldn't be able to do that.

(Although now that I re-read your post, maybe you were only talking about Anthem.)

Edited by critterchick

Here are 5 in room letters, all from the Diamond Concierge. These rules apply to the Diamond Lounge, not necessarily the Concierge Lounge. FWIW, lounge and club seem to be used interchangeably.

Brilliance Thanksgiving 2015 - Breakfast in Chops (D+), no minors during happy hour, no mention of shorts ban

enhance

Freedom June 2015 - no minors after 4:30, no shorts for happy hour

enhance

Freedom August 2016 - minors allowed during happy hour if accompanied by adult, no shorts during happy hour, un-finished drinks may leave the lounge, but not constantly ;)

enhance

Oasis April 2015 - no minors after 5:00, no shorts on formal nights

enhance

Freedom March 2016 - no minors after 4:30, no shorts for happy hour

enhance

I will have 3 more Jewel letters in a couple of weeks, one of them a Suite letter.

Edited by John&LaLa

The SL on Oasis serves wine, beer and sofa from 11:30am to 11:00pm. Other beverages are served from 5:00 to 8:30. And the waiters at CK were more than happy to fetch the included drinks during meal service.:) The CL on Quantum class ships are in a completely different part of the ship from CK, so they wouldn't be able to do that.

(Although now that I re-read your post, maybe you were only talking about Anthem.)

My bad, as I should have included "Anthem" in my original post.:o

Here are 5 in room letters, all from the Diamond Concierge. These rules apply to the Diamond Lounge, not necessarily the Concierge Lounge.

Why are we even debating the content and policy contained in these letters?:confused: More than likely these are made up by the concierge and they probably have some latitude what to put in them. If it came from Miami as a dictate they would all be exactly the same. What am I missing?

Why are we even debating the content and policy contained in these letters?:confused: More than likely these are made up by the concierge and they probably have some latitude what to put in them. If it came from Miami as a dictate they would all be exactly the same. What am I missing?

Shorts discussion from previous thread on Diamond Lounge/Club. You really need to keep up. :o

Yes, the Concierges have latitude, probably based on make-up of the guests. My contribution to the previous discussion was read the letter, follow the rules.

Edited by John&LaLa

Shorts discussion from previous thread on Diamond Lounge/Club. You really need to keep up. :o

I read all of those and troy doesn't seem to understand the fact these letters are made up at the whim of the concierge, could change with any sailing and are mostly suggestions, which he always interprets as requests.

I read all of those and troy doesn't seem to understand the fact these letters are made up at the whim of the concierge, could change with any sailing and are mostly suggestions, which he always interprets as requests.

That's why I keep saying to just read the letter. I do find it fascinating that they do vary so much. ;) I still have hope for Troy.

No, I have been clear, suggestions are just that, a suggestion not a request. Boarding by Deck is a request, it says Royal ask. Look up meaning of ask.

I believe parts of the letters to guests regarding CL/SL and DL are written by the Concierge.

Also, thank you John for posting letters.

Edited by troykahack

It does have Coastal Kitchen 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I fully agree on CK on Anthem John, but i'm lookin' forward more to the Rhapsody than this one, and my only take on this is: "Anthem is like that 1st round draft pick that always sits in the bench".Bolder,Newer and Fancy, flashes of brilliance sometimes but still 1 year away from being 1 year away. Good morning:)

I fully agree on CK on Anthem John, but i'm lookin' forward more to the Rhapsody than this one, and my only take on this is: "Anthem is like that 1st round draft pick that always sits in the bench".Bolder,Newer and Fancy, flashes of brilliance sometimes but still 1 year away from being 1 year away. Good morning:)

Give her a chance, I'd love to sail her, but I have this aversion to travel. We see her all the time in PC, she looks nice.