Allure with young teens

banshee72

We will be bringing our boys on their first cruise over spring break in April. They will be 15,15, and 13. I would love to hear from anyone who has brought their teens on the Allure and what the experience is like. I know about the zip line, rock wall, pools, flow rider, etc....but, what other organized activities are there on board? We've kept the boys in dark a little bit when it comes to the ship and what's on board as we don't want to build it up too much and then have them be disappointed...

My first cruise was when I was 16 - send them to the teen kids club for their age. I was on the enchantment, but I met lots of kids and had a blast. At that age they may also be free to come and go from the teen area as they please, so if they don't like an activity going on they are free to go do something else.

I had a great time with the people I met, even skipped the family dinners a few times to hang out with some of them, and your kids are at a great age to enjoy a lot of the stuff they'll have to offer.

Be careful in regards to kids having sea pass charging privileges. On the Allure in February I saw lots of kids buying tons of candy at the bulk candy store on the boardwalk. I can only imagine the shock when those parents saw those charges hit (unless they had a daily limit on them)...

I can only imagine the shock when those parents saw those charges hit (unless they had a daily limit on them)...

This is a very good point. I don't have first-hand experience, but have read other CC members reporting that even with a charge limit to the SeaPass, the limit does NOT apply to arcade charges. So be forewarned, don't let them loose in the arcade even with a charge limit, because they can keep swiping... :eek:

I also have 15, 15 and 13 year old children and we have been on the Allure and Oasis several times. "The Living Room" is the teen area and they really enjoy it. The key is to have them go the first night, that is when the kids make friends. We set a curfew and they know if they don't make it, I will show up in my PJ's to get them, so we don't have any problems. My kids love this ship, and I am sure your kids will have a fantastic time.

We will be bringing our boys on their first cruise over spring break in April. They will be 15,15, and 13. I would love to hear from anyone who has brought their teens on the Allure and what the experience is like. I know about the zip line, rock wall, pools, flow rider, etc....but, what other organized activities are there on board? We've kept the boys in dark a little bit when it comes to the ship and what's on board as we don't want to build it up too much and then have them be disappointed...

They'll love it. I went on my first cruise when I was 15 and loved it. Went to the teen club and met a bunch of people that I ended up hanging out with and becoming friends with.

Our Tween who managed to just get into the teen club by 2 weeks loved the Allure over New Year.

She dint find harmony quite as good as not so many tweens/teens on the sailing so they merged the young and old teens.

The are activities organised but apart from the odd game I think the room organisers take things as they flow.