Interior Cabin with 3 People

larryb711

I am booked on the Fantasy in a few weeks. We have an interior cabin that will have me and my 2 daughters age 16 and 13. Does anyone know any experience with how it accommodates 3 people? I understand there are 2 single beds and they will bring in a trundle bed for the 3rd person. I am just wondering how comfortable we will all be? Although, I really am not worried because we will only be in the room to sleep and shower.

I am booked on the Fantasy in a few weeks. We have an interior cabin that will have me and my 2 daughters age 16 and 13. Does anyone know any experience with how it accommodates 3 people? I understand there are 2 single beds and they will bring in a trundle bed for the 3rd person. I am just wondering how comfortable we will all be? Although, I really am not worried because we will only be in the room to sleep and shower.

Depending on the room you get. There might be a couch or a pull down bunk bed. There are interior rooms that accommodates 5 people. You guys just have to arrange time so that all three will not be in the bathroom putting on makeup at the same time. Just don't worry about that. They would not categorize a room as 3 if it can only accommodate 1 or 2.

On that class, the majority of the inside rooms is exactly the same at the standard outside room, just without a window.

The third bed could be anything, but most likely a fold down. There's plenty of room if you keep the two beds along the wall.

It's easier if the third can be in a bunk. We've sailed 3&4 in an OV on her sisters-the Paradise, Elation and Inspiration. OV are the same size as the IS on these ships.

Confirm whether you'll get a trundle (low to the ground) or traditional rollaway. If using a trundle, make sure the add-on piece is placed at the foot of the bed.

If possible place one twin along a side wall, another under the 'window' along the far wall, the trundle/rollaway along the other wall. This U shape allows for more room in the cabin.

You'll have three drawers, one closet of shelves and two for hangars. Double and triple up on the hangars. Everybody gets one drawer. Share what you can (i.e. blow dryer)

The Fantasy class remodeled bathroom vanity is horrible. Hardly any shelf space. Only bathroom duties are done inside. All primping is done outside.

Store luggage under one bed. The trundle is usually stored under the other.

Hang a shoe holder from the wall hooks using some string. If you do get a bunk, the top row can be used as a nightstand.

Only you can decide if you'll be comfortable.

Edited by SadieN

There are websites that tell you the exact parameters of your room. My sons' interior on the fantasy was like every other one they have had with 2 beds parallel to the walls. If there is a 3rd bed, a bunk would be best. I have not seen couches in any of their inside cabins and didn't even have one on our OV on the Fantasy - just a chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are websites that tell you the exact parameters of your room. My sons' interior on the fantasy was like every other one they have had with 2 beds parallel to the walls. If there is a 3rd bed, a bunk would be best. I have not seen couches in any of their inside cabins and didn't even have one on our OV on the Fantasy - just a chair.

When that ship was launched, the beds WERE the couches. There was a LONG sturdy backing that went on top and along the bed. At night, that backing was removed and the bed was then a bed. The next morning, it was turned back to the couches.

This went for BOTH the IS and OV's.

When that ship was launched, the beds WERE the couches. There was a LONG sturdy backing that went on top and along the bed. At night, that backing was removed and the bed was then a bed. The next morning, it was turned back to the couches.

This went for BOTH the IS and OV's.

Clearly you have been cruising longer than I have - I can only speak for insides for the last decade....

When we went on Elation, we had a trundle bed and it was a small bed, near the floor. It was perfect for our situation, as our daughter was 3 1/2 and it was a great size for her- like her toddler bed.

Your kids are still youngish- it should not be too bad. I am not sure if I would have liked to sleep on it.

If i Had a cabin number I could better help you.

Hoping you have 3 dedicated beds.

IF you only have 2 beds-- you do NOT want a trundle. Ask for a roll away instead

Unless your kids are very small that trundle will be too small

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/CRUISES/Carnival-Sensation-March-31st/i-fM6wqMZ/0/L/IMG_0615-L.jpg

vs

roll away:

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/holtcjane/media/Fascination%20Feb%202016/P1000047_zpsodrxl5sg.jpg.html

Edited by serene56

Can ask for an extension. It adds about a foot to the end of the pallet.

The above pics are not of a Fantasy class cabin. The pics in post 13 are an inside Fantasy class cabin. Can tell because the drapes are one piece. Do not know if the Fantasy has replaced the huge box in the corner or not.

Edited by SadieN

All of you have lived together.

Whatever the accommodations are you'll be able to deal with it and have a GREAT cruise!