Can someone tell me about beds in D1?

We are cruising soon with our family, there will be 2 adults, 2 children in a D-1 balcony room. My husband and I have always had a room for 2 (D3), so not sure how it works? We asked for the two "drop down" beds, but were told they are not available for a room with 4 people? Does that mean the sofa bed sleeps two? Grandkids love the drop down beds on Carnival, RC is new for them. Thanks for any info. We are on deck 8, Liberty of Seas.

We are cruising soon with our family, there will be 2 adults, 2 children in a D-1 balcony room. My husband and I have always had a room for 2 (D3), so not sure how it works? We asked for the two "drop down" beds, but were told they are not available for a room with 4 people? Does that mean the sofa bed sleeps two? Grandkids love the drop down beds on Carnival, RC is new for them. Thanks for any info. We are on deck 8, Liberty of Seas.

You are correct there are no Pullman beds in the D1, just the regular bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed is not that big so depending on the age of the kids it may not be appropriate.

If the kids are old enough, have you considered a balcony for 2 with an inside across the hall for the kids. It may not be that much more expensive.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You need to look at the deck plans...it clearly shows which cabins have bed for 4....you WILL need to book a cabin with beds for all...they won't let you book otherwise. So...look at the deck plans! Look at the "legend" that tells what's in each cabin...book what suits your number of souls.

You need to look at the deck plans...it clearly shows which cabins have bed for 4....you WILL need to book a cabin with beds for all...they won't let you book otherwise. So...look at the deck plans! Look at the "legend" that tells what's in each cabin...book what suits your number of souls.

Not as simple as that. The D1 that they did book is rated for 4 people, however as has been previously stated how comfortable those 4 people will be will depend on the age of the people.