FLL early AM

wheezedr

Been a while since I cruised from FLL. Best flight timing and price leaves at 10:10 AM. Will be on a Tuesday, dec 20, with it appears to be 4 total ships in port. I will be on the Royal Princess and do not have a problem with debarking early. Is this a doable flight.

Been a while since I cruised from FLL. Best flight timing and price leaves at 10:10 AM. Will be on a Tuesday, dec 20, with it appears to be 4 total ships in port. I will be on the Royal Princess and do not have a problem with debarking early. Is this a doable flight.

Maybe...Maybe not. What's your backup plan if the ship or customs is delayed?

It should work. But like mentioned have a back up plan.

I'd try to be off the ship and in a cab by 7:45.

You are only a 15 min. cab ride to FLL. But customs clearing of the ship and TSA lines can add stress. I prefer something no earlier than 10:45, only because I don't want to worry the night before and rush thru breakfast.

If your choice is this or an evening flight, I'd choose this one. IDEALLY tho, if time, you might as well stay an extra day.

Edited by eandj

Much later flight at 6:45 PM or stay an extra day. Beauty of retirement is freedom to be a day late.

How much will that change cost you if you miss your flight?

If you are flying Southwest they will put you on the next available flight but you have to present yourself in person.

How much will that change cost you if you miss your flight?

If you are flying Southwest they will put you on the next available flight but you have to present yourself in person.

No this is a last minute cruise and flights I have not even booked yet. SWA which I use a lot is my route from Oak to FLL but their flights and times back are lousy so I am looking at Virgin which has non stops at 10:10 AM and 6:40 PM. I'll probably take the early one and hustle off the ship as early as I can. I'm Princess elite, so with free laundry I can keep the packing to a minimum and probably handle self walkoff. Have done Fort Lauderdale in the past so would like to avoid the extra day. Biggest issue will probably be clearing security .

This cruise was so well planned that I just booked it this AM.. HAHA.

No this is a last minute cruise and flights I have not even booked yet. SWA which I use a lot is my route from Oak to FLL but their flights and times back are lousy so I am looking at Virgin which has non stops at 10:10 AM and 6:40 PM. I'll probably take the early one and hustle off the ship as early as I can. I'm Princess elite, so with free laundry I can keep the packing to a minimum and probably handle self walkoff. Have done Fort Lauderdale in the past so would like to avoid the extra day. Biggest issue will probably be clearing security .

This cruise was so well planned that I just booked it this AM.. HAHA.

You consider December 20 last minute? I'll start considering that cruise about December 11th.

I, too, am Elite on Princess and free laundry makes having pressed shirts so nice and TAs so much easier to pack for.

Much later flight at 6:45 PM or stay an extra day. Beauty of retirement is freedom to be a day late.

I would stay an extra day and then take the morning flight - do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: