What I'd really like to see...

bigdawgmatty

I was on a ship docked in Cozumel recently and with us were 3 other Carnival ships and Oasis of the Seas. Having only sailed on Conquest class ships (and therefor my favorite class), I would love to see some sort of inexpensive "excursion" where you can take a guided tour of other Carnival ships while at the same port. I believe the Breeze, Magic and Fantasy were all in Cozumel that day (I may be wrong) and it would be great to get to check them out. This would of course have to be guided, maybe an hour tour in smaller groups to keep track of people.

I would have also loved to tour the Oasis in the same manner since the weather was not that nice and I'm not much of a port shopper.

Just thinking this may a decent marketing tool for cruisers like me with limited ships under my belt and that maybe Carnival people may see this and think on it.

Does anyone know if such programs exist?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would imagine that, given today's unfortunate state of terrorist activity, such a tour would not be possible. It's similar to asking to tour various planes at an airport----TSA would have a fit! Pre nine eleven people could visit in your cabin till an announcement of, "All ashore that's going ashore" was given.

I like the idea!

A guided tour of guests from ships already vetted on other CCL ships wouldn't be any more of less of a threat than those taking the "behind the scenes" tours on their own ships.

Can't see that this would work on another companies cruise ships though.

The only thing that comes close is Princess' Bon Voyage Experience. $45/pp, held for a future cruise.

It allows you early boarding, lunch, a picture and you can check out the ship. Need to be off before muster. This would work only on a b2b at a home port with multiple ships.

It too would love to see other ships. I am guessing the cruise lines really don't want you doing something like that because you wouldn't be spending money in port. In Cozumel, Carnival Corp. owns a good bit of real estate and they want you to be off the ships spending money. Like the OP I have seen most of the ports offered and sometime don't go ashore.

There are literally thousands of videos on Youtube of each ship in the fleet. I bet I could find video of any part of the boat in just a few minutes.

And there are thousands of videos of people zip lining. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to do it myself rather than watch a video.

LOL, along with calling people who have not made it back to the ship, now we also have to find people who have not left the ship.

Yes it could be challenging logistically to make it work, but I bet when ships went cashless years ago and began using the S&S cards it seemed like a complicated system too. I'd pay upwards of $50 for a tour of a ship that I really wanted to see. Ships making money for tours while so many people are ashore seems like it could be a win. Additionally, the advertising is free (profitable actually) and the future cruise desk may actually get some business.

I'm talking small, guided groups. Not just sending people off on their own and expecting them to debark on their own.

I don't see that happening at all. This would bee to chaotic. I doubt many people will want to tour another ship when they could be doing an excursion.

The OP for one would love to. Maybe older people who don't want to do an excursion otherwise, curious cruisers who maybe haven't seen some of the upgrades, people who just want to do something for an hour.

I'm thinking a corporation that brings SO MANY people to and from foreign countries without requiring passports can manage a dozen people who have already been screened for security for their own ship touring another CCL ship. Consider they haven't left the terminal, provided their S&S card so they can be tracked, and are guided rather than just set loose.

I for one would find such tours interesting. A chance to see some other ships and get a feel for them. For those that say there wouldn't be enough people interested, well, some of us, small number maybe, are tired of seeing the same old shops and tourist junk so this would be something different. As for the TSA, seems to me, outside the US on ships flagged in other countries they would have no say in the matter.

Never say never.

I don't see that happening at all. This would bee to chaotic. I doubt many people will want to tour another ship when they could be doing an excursion.

While I don't see it happening, lots of people book cruises just to stay on the ship, without ever doing excursions. Or some stay on the ship at certain ports.

So the issue wouldn't be lack of interest, it would be lack of opportunity.

I think that is a great idea! Beneficial to all cruise lines. Only, not beneficial to the visiting port.

Most ports tax on passenger movements (embarkation and debarkation). So if the rate is $8 per passenger movement, does that mean taking an "excursion" to a ship in another berth yields the port an additional $16?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note7 using Tapatalk. Hey, do you smell anything burning?