Weird booking issue -- Getaway

brookie848

Our Getaway reservations opened up today and when I tried to choose times for dinner, only two options were available to us -- 7:00 or 9:00 -- no matter what day or restaurant.

It was 5:45 in the morning, so I knew things weren't sold out just yet (we are in a suite, so I would have been among the first booking). I booked what I could and planned to call once the concierge desk opened up. But, I decided to check to see if I could get a reservation for a different party size. And I could. If I wanted to seat 1, 2 or 4 I could get a reservation any time I wanted. But not for three. Is three some evil number in the NCL world? ;)

Even the pre-cruise concierge couldn't technically get me a reservation for three at the times I wanted. She made reservations for four and then sent a note to the concierge on board.

So if anyone is part of a party of three and having issues getting times you want for dinner, try booking for four. You might have better luck!

Has anyone else run into this?

there are many weird things about their online system. my guess is because virtually no table is really setup for 3, thats why they dont have it. but it's so common it drives people nuts

i also hate that for specialty dining reservations there are no considerations given for children eating off the kids menu. you are supposed to pay up front for them and get a credit at dinner.

Yes. Booking for 3 the times are limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But not 1? That's what I found strange.

And a table for three is just a 4-top with an empty chair.

The online booking is definitely testy. I'm glad I didn't try to do shows and dinner the same night this year. That always takes some finesse.

Edited by brookie848

But not 1? That's what I found strange.

And a table for three is just a 4-top with an empty chair.

The online booking is definitely testy. I'm glad I didn't try to do shows and dinner the same night this year. That always takes some finesse.

I travel solo and have had an issue booking on line for one. I always make my reservations now with the Pre-Concierge, as it just makes it easier.

We tried to book once for 6 people at Cagney's on the Epic. The online system had no bookings available. We called the restaurant directly and they said maybe they could fit us in. We went to the restaurant and only two tables were filled. When we left at 8:00, there was still no one eating there. What gives? If the restaurant was empty and was still empty 2 hours later, why do they not allow reservations?