'Headliners' and Ice Bar on the Getaway

stickey_mouse

I don't have first hand experience, but we were on Breakaway, and that has the same venues. Neither was reservable before sailing. I might be mistaken, but I don't think you could reserve headliners on BA, you just showed up. It was usually pretty busy but I never saw a huge line. I believe that you reserved the Ice Bar at a kiosk outside the door. I didn't go in, but there didn't seem to be a problem for people who wanted to try it out. Others probably have more direct experience that will be more helpful to you.

Edited by Ohio_Bob

Yes, you can book it prior to boarding? Or yes, it does get busy? Please be more specific.

You can only book the comedy show at Headliners on board. One of the multiple shows done each week. Early shows are family oriented. Late shows are 18+. We always book one show, then go standby for others.

Ice Bar can only be reserved by showing up at the bar podium and getting an entry time.

For the Ice Bar you can either book once onboard by phone from your stateroom by dialing reservations, touch screens or at the desk outside. It was not busy on either of our BA trips. An extra $ tip may get you an extra Broadway Dreams drink ;)

We walked into Headliners with no wait five minutes before show time.

P.S. With no reservations for Headliners.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Edited by meatball_nyc

Was on the Getaway last week. I didn't go to the Ice Bar, but they have a rack of coats for the people going in and every time I passed by the rack was always full, so I think you will have no problem going any time you want. Headliners had 2 different headlining comics with the same warm up guy. They performed separately throughout the week. I found the easiest way to reserve a spot was to use the touch screens. They are near all the elevators all over the ship. you can see all the date and times and pick the ones you want. They reserve about 60% of the room then the rest is standby. A day or two before usually had reservations left. They also had all three comics in the main theater on Wednesday with different material, no reservations required.