Child Care Question

lcumpire

My daughter, husband and their 5 and 2 year olds are thinking of a short cruise out of Tampa on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Trying to get input concerning child care for both children so that the adults could get a little quiet time. Any input on the quality of the day care facilities will be appreciated.

Thanx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 5yo will be able to take part in Adventure Ocean for now charge. The 2yo would have to go into the nursery (for an additional fee.)

We have used both and loved it but our DD is used to daycare and because of that drop off wasn't that bad.

In the nursery they will allow you to leave snacks but we found that for a 2yo there are some toys and more importantly quiet time so they can still go to bed at their "normal time" or close to it. The nursery will also change diapers. They used to give you a little bag so you could put sleep clothes / diapers in there and not have a big bag to carry around but I'm not sure if they do this anymore.

Anyway both are great services.

Unless things have changed, you can also have in-cabin babysitting. We used this service on sailings when our son was 1, 3, and 5. There was no nursery available back then, and even if there had been, we preferred to have him sound asleep in the cabin than in one of the clubs. You would need to go to guest services to reserve babysitting, and it's on an "as available" basis. We never had trouble reserving when we wanted it, and were very pleased with the service.