Dining time

helpmecruise16

It's getting close to the time to make my dining reservations. We like to do the dining and then a show or something after. We will have three kids with us. What is the best time to reserve so we can still see the shows on the Escape? Sent from my iPhone using

If you are looking at the Main Dining Rooms, no reservations are needed.

If you are looking at specialty dining, MyNCL will block 2 hours for any dining reservation. So there needs to be 2.5 hours from your dining reservation time to the start of the show.

For example: If you want to book at 9:00 show in the theater or comedy club, the latest dinner reservation is 6:30. The system will not allow you to book anything closer.

If you want prime time dining reservations, book quickly once your 90-day window opens (100 days for Havens). Prime time will sell out quickly. The most popular restaurants are Cagney's and Teppanyaki.

The main 2 shows on the Escape...The Brat Pack and After Midnight are both not kid friendly. The family comedy shows are usually at 700 or 900, so your 630 dinner would enable you to make the 900 show perfectly. Make sure you make your comedy show or peripheral show reservations as soon as you board. These shows can't be reserved ahead of time and will sell out before dinner time on embarkation day. Your only other option is the stand by line, which lets in people ten minutes before showtime, filling in the seats for no shows.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Just be aware that the Splash Academy is closed on sea days from 12-2 and 5-7. We would make our dinner reservations for 5:30 or 6:00 so our daughter would be able to go when they opened. If you have reservations for a show that starts at 7, let the counselors know in advance. They will generally allow you to drop them off early to accommodate your reservation.

I am shocked - I logged in at midnight (east coast) on my 90th day and the only times I could get were 5pm, 8pm or 9pm. I took 8pm because 5pm is just too early for us so we will have to do shows on another night. We have three nights of dining so we will work with 8pm. I was just so surprised at the limited availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by helpmecruise16

I am shocked - I logged in at midnight (east coast) on my 90th day and the only times I could get were 5pm, 8pm or 9pm. I took 8pm because 5pm is just too early for us so we will have to do shows on another night. We have three nights of dining so we will work with 8pm. I was just so surprised at the limited availability.

Try again once you are on the ship that first day if you really want that time. They only have a limited number of reservations available pre-cruise. Call the reservation line once on board.

Try again once you are on the ship that first day if you really want that time. They only have a limited number of reservations available pre-cruise. Call the reservation line once on board.
It's been reported that only 30% of the reservation slots are available pre cruise and of course Haven guests get a 10 day head start. It also depends upon the number of guests in your party and which venue and which night you're trying to book. There are many different factors involved. Play around with it and maybe something will open up for you. Otherwise, make it your priority as soon as you board to swap things around and remember to book the peripheral shows and comedy shows.

From your opening post, I assume you are tryouts no to book for 5 people. The system usually only offers limited choices for odd numbers.

Unless you are booking somewhere that requires prepayment, try booking for 6 and see if that offers better options and then adjust the booking once you board.

You may find that there are even better options for 4 (I've never tried 5 so don't know). If that is the case then booking for 4 and then adding 1 when onboard would probably work (but I wouldn't count on that for Teppenyaki).

The benefit of doing this rather than waiting until onboard is there is less risk of your preferred time being booked out. We do it every time (booking for 4 and then adjusting to 3).

Edit: I just noticed that you have done your bookings now. I'd phone and ask them to be changed. I understand (never done it myself) that they can book odd numbers into better times if you phone in).

Edited by KeithJenner

We are a party of 7, i made all of my reservations for 8 people, it didn't give me a 7 option. I will keep looking online but will try to change the times when we board too.

Thank you for all the advice! We will book the shows when we board too. The only one I was able to book online was "After Midnight".

We are a party of 7, i made all of my reservations for 8 people, it didn't give me a 7 option. I will keep looking online but will try to change the times when we board too.

Thank you for all the advice! We will book the shows when we board too. The only one I was able to book online was "After Midnight".

If you have made your bookings already then there is little you can do online. You can't change or cancel booked things online, so would either have to phone or wait until onboard.