Sydney-Hobart, Emerald Princess, questions review to follow

GUT2407

A bit early, but the next couple of weeks are looking a bit crazy.

Mrs Gut and her handbag (Gut) are off to Hobart on Emerald on 12 December.

So here's your chance to lodge some questions, if they're on this thread I can check them from time to time and try to answer them.

As I'll be using my iPad or maybe even my phone, one question per post would make life easier.

I also plan to do a short review, probably put it right here but not sure if I'll try and do it as I go or wait till we're back.

I'm hoping others on the cruise might chip in as well.

I'll be looking forward to hearing about the Emerald since we'll be sailing her next fall. I'm mostly interested in Crooner's Bar. This is our favorite bar on every Princess ship! The bartender's and server's there are always the best on the ship and I'm hoping that's true for the Emerald :) !

Hope you and Mrs. Gut have a wonderful cruise!

I'll be looking forward to hearing about the Emerald since we'll be sailing her next fall. I'm mostly interested in Crooner's Bar. This is our favorite bar on every Princess ship! The bartender's and server's there are always the best on the ship and I'm hoping that's true for the Emerald :) !

Hope you and Mrs. Gut have a wonderful cruise!

As a non drinker othersmay be better placed to answer but having worked in hotels and the hospitality industry years ago I'll give my opinion.

I do visit the bars pretty frequently for my Diet Coke hit, so should be able to give you feedback on the severs.

Can you check the Pub Lunch at Wheelhouse. Last May on Med cruise, they tried to charge $19 in one day. We found no guest. Next schedule, it was again free of charge. Am curious what it is now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Will do.

I sure won't be happy if they charge for Pub Lunch.

Oi Gut,

We get off Emerald in Sydney on 12 Dec - you guys get on.

I go back to work the next day (13th) and you guys arrive here in Melb on the 14th.

I will be the wee person sobbing at the dock.

If you can think of a way to smuggle and Elf on board get your people to call my people ...... :D:D:D

Oi Gut,

We get off Emerald in Sydney on 12 Dec - you guys get on.

I go back to work the next day (13th) and you guys arrive here in Melb on the 14th.

I will be the wee person sobbing at the dock.

If you can think of a way to smuggle and Elf on board get your people to call my people ...... :D:D:D

Can you fit in a suitcase.

Feel free to chip in with any answers you may have.

How do I do the double thumbs up silly picture thingys ???

If it is a tea chest I can probably sneak in an esky, bag of ice and a change of undies

Yes!!! Everything's coming up Millhouse!

I was thinking more like one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARTMANN-CUSHION-TOP-STEAMER-WARDROBE-TRUNK-ORIGINAL-COMPLETE-/391618603285

A bit early, but the next couple of weeks are looking a bit crazy.

Mrs Gut and her handbag (Gut) are off to Hobart on Emerald on 12 December.

So here's your chance to lodge some questions, if they're on this thread I can check them from time to time and try to answer them.

As I'll be using my iPad or maybe even my phone, one question per post would make life easier.

I also plan to do a short review, probably put it right here but not sure if I'll try and do it as I go or wait till we're back.

I'm hoping others on the cruise might chip in as well.

Very early but Bon Voyage.:D

Would like to know if Princess are running the Elite/Platinum lounge in Skywalker at 5pm each day on the Emerald & Golden this year in Australia.

Also because I like the odd drink or two, are they running Happy hour twice a day to quench the thirst?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would like to know if Princess are running the Elite/Platinum lounge in Skywalker at 5pm each day on the Emerald & Golden this year in Australia.

Also because I like the odd drink or two, are they running Happy hour twice a day to quench the thirst?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The Golden had the Elite/Platinum/Suite guests going 5-7pm up in skywalkers complete with nibbles. Cocktails were $7 each.

Edited by MicCanberra