$100 Friends & Family vouchers going away?

Linsuesue

I read on another board that someone on the Vista just booked a future cruise. She said they are testing a new program that reduces the onboard credit to $50 but the deposit is lower and you get a 2 category upgrade. I was lucky enough to get one of those vouchers to use on my last cruise, and it was great! I have been searching around to try to snag one for our cruise next September 30th on the Miracle but am not having any luck. Is this another cost cutting measure for Carnival or just a short term 1 ship offer?

According to John Heald it is a trial program on the Vista. There are no F&F vouchers with this program. The OBC is $50 regardless of the length of the cruise booked. I got the same benefits booking with my PVP in early November so it pretty much eliminates the advantage of booking on board. You can just wait for a similar sale and not spend hours waiting in line to book onboard. Someone said it was also a trial one Glory, but that was not acknowledged.

Edited by Crusin5252

The lines are long on the ship, and we gave up a couple of times on our last cruise. I can say that the fairs that we booked on the ship have gone up $50 pp in the last 6 weeks. Maybe that is because the future cruise directors have access to the best deals?

The lines are long on the ship, and we gave up a couple of times on our last cruise. I can say that the fairs that we booked on the ship have gone up $50 pp in the last 6 weeks. Maybe that is because the future cruise directors have access to the best deals?

I can say that the fairs that we booked on the ship have gone up $50 pp in the last 6 weeks. Maybe that is because the future cruise directors have access to the best deals?

The Future Cruise Consultants use the same goccl.com internet booking engine that Travel Agents use.

Your cruise fare went up $50pp because your fare code and category went up by $50 from six weeks ago regardless of where or how it was booked.

The hours of the future cruise director were very limited on our last cruise and, that wasn't very user friendly. We bought a future cruise certificate years ago, but I think we had to mail it to Miami as certified mail. Presumably, now you could do that electronically.

I read on another board that someone on the Vista just booked a future cruise. She said they are testing a new program that reduces the onboard credit to $50 but the deposit is lower and you get a 2 category upgrade. I was lucky enough to get one of those vouchers to use on my last cruise, and it was great! I have been searching around to try to snag one for our cruise next September 30th on the Miracle but am not having any luck. Is this another cost cutting measure for Carnival or just a short term 1 ship offer?

They are cutting every which way.

The hours of the future cruise director were very limited on our last cruise and, that wasn't very user friendly. We bought a future cruise certificate years ago, but I think we had to mail it to Miami as certified mail. Presumably, now you could do that electronically.

Also people see the loyalty person have no idea what cruise or even ship location they want and take forever to complete transaction so we think it is not worth the wait and just book after we get home when we are ready to book.

Stopped using it , just to much aggravation and attitudes from the cruise personnel . Long lines and staff telling people when the finally reach the front to get back out of line and go to the computers and pick a cruise then get back in line etc. Not worth the time .

Eliminating the $100 friends and family voucher should eliminate the long lines onboard for booking future cruises!

Probably, some people will lose interest in booking period. Most of those cruises are marked up anyways.

Also people see the loyalty person have no idea what cruise or even ship location they want and take forever to complete transaction so we think it is not worth the wait and just book after we get home when we are ready to book.

This!

We've already decided what cruise and cabin we want before we get to the FCD. Usually have an idea at home and will look on the website before we book. We try to book the first day or so when it isn't busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums