Can I use OBC to pay tips?

jdkbrim

Our upcoming cruise will be the first time sailing RCCL with OBC. On Carnival, we could use OBC obtained through a promotion towards tips once on the ship. Can I do this with RCCL as well? We don't drink alcohol, eat at specialty restaurants, or use the internet. And, we are not planning to take any ship sponsored excursions. Any ship board purchases would surely be less than our $150 of credit.

Edited by jdkbrim

Our upcoming cruise will be the first time sailing RCCL with OBC. On Carnival, we could use OBC obtained through a promotion towards tips once on the ship. Can I do this with RCCL as well? We don't drink alcohol, eat at specialty restaurants, or use the internet. And, we are not planning to take any ship sponsored excursions. Any ship board purchases would surely be less than our $150 of credit.

Absolutely

Everything that is posted on your account will debit your OBC. Once your OBC is gone, then it will start adding up on your account. You don't have to do anything as it's automatic. If your OBC is from RCI, then make sure you use it as it's not refundable. If it's from your TA, then you can get the leftover refunded.

Thanks for the feedback. As the OBC is from RCCL, I will remove the pre-paid tips before our upcoming final payment date and just wait to pay the tips onboard.

That's exactly what you need to do. We don't prepay our gratuities for this very reason - we always have some kind of OBC or combination of OBC (travel agent, RC Visa points, promotional, etc.) and we routinely use this to pay for most or all of our tips. Enjoy your cruise!

Judy

Yes! Tips are annoying for me...I'd rather have the OBC pay for the tips and have excursions and dining coming out of my wallet. I know in the end, it's the same, but it's just principle :)

Sent from Tapatalk