Just off the Conquest!

FloridaMommyof3

Just got home a bit ago from a 6 day on the Conquest.

We had a nice time - the ship was very clean and the crew was (for the most part) really very nice. My room steward never introduced himself to me, which was a first. The made a towel animal just 2 out of the 6 days, which was also a first, but obviously not a big deal although my son loves them.

Guy's Burgers - YUMMY!!!!

We ate in the MDR all but one day, and the food was always quite good. I let my 2 sons order the steakhouse selection off the menu on the last night, and although it was good, it wasn't worth it (IMHO). The flat iron steak was just as tasty and of course no extra $$.

In Jamaica we did the bobsled and ziplining - really, really fun! The bobsled was thrilling and scary and crazy. In Grand Cayman I had booked a non-Carnival excursion to go to the Stingrays, but unfortunately due to very windy weather all stingray excursions were cancelled :( - bummer. In Cozumel we did a Mayan tour and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did bring home every Fun Times, so if anyone is taking this cruise and wants to know what's happening daily, when I get to work on Monday I can scan and email them to you.

Just got home a bit ago from a 6 day on the Conquest.

We had a nice time - the ship was very clean and the crew was (for the most part) really very nice. My room steward never introduced himself to me, which was a first. The made a towel animal just 2 out of the 6 days, which was also a first, but obviously not a big deal although my son loves them.

Guy's Burgers - YUMMY!!!!

We ate in the MDR all but one day, and the food was always quite good. I let my 2 sons order the steakhouse selection off the menu on the last night, and although it was good, it wasn't worth it (IMHO). The flat iron steak was just as tasty and of course no extra $$.

In Jamaica we did the bobsled and ziplining - really, really fun! The bobsled was thrilling and scary and crazy. In Grand Cayman I had booked a non-Carnival excursion to go to the Stingrays, but unfortunately due to very windy weather all stingray excursions were cancelled :( - bummer. In Cozumel we did a Mayan tour and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did bring home every Fun Times, so if anyone is taking this cruise and wants to know what's happening daily, when I get to work on Monday I can scan and email them to you.

The flat iron steak is the worst cut of meat and the steak house steaks are FAR superior.

We got off the Vista in August and thought it was very weird that we did not meet our steward until about the 3rd day into cruise. Every other cruise, they usually make it a point to introduce themselves the first day. He was an awesome steward and did a fantastic job with the room, but we found this odd.

The flat iron steak is the worst cut of meat and the steak house steaks are FAR superior.

I'm just saying this was MY experience on this cruise and with these particular steaks. The flat iron steaks on this cruise were MUCH better then the flat iron on the Victory cruise I was on in July.

And like I said about the upcharge for this cruise and this steak, it was not worth it.

My family and I will be boarding the Conquest in March 2017, Spring Break Cruise. I just got off the Valor on a short cruise. My steward never identified himself to me. That was a first for me after 20 plus cruising on Carnival. It wasn't a biggie since the cruise was less than five days. However, I agree with you about the Flat iron steak, I had both steaks, and my flat iron beat the Specialty Restaurant steak hands downs. Now, I will order at least one flat iron steak during the night they serve shrimps. Never again will I pay Specialty restaurant price for a steak dinner. :)

My family and I will be boarding the Conquest in March 2017, Spring Break Cruise. I just got off the Valor on a short cruise. My steward never identified himself to me. That was a first for me after 20 plus cruising on Carnival. It wasn't a biggie since the cruise was less than five days. However, I agree with you about the Flat iron steak, I had both steaks, and my flat iron beat the Specialty Restaurant steak hands downs. Now, I will order at least one flat iron steak during the night they serve shrimps. Never again will I pay Specialty restaurant price for a steak dinner. :)

Absolutely! And when I did the "after cruise survey", I made a note of that in my comments.

Did you try the new BBQ place on Deck 10 or the Seafood Corner aft on Deck 9? Both were brand-new when we sailed on Conquest in October and I really liked the BBQ place. It's really easy to like something that's free/included. :)

Edited by Pellaz

Did you try the new BBQ place on Deck 10 or the Seafood Corner aft on Deck 9? Both were brand-new when we sailed on Conquest in October and I really liked the BBQ place. It's really easy to like something that's free/included. :)

We didn't do either, unfortunately, although we did walk upstairs to see the BBQ setting which was very nice. My kids didn't see anything that appealed to them so we went back to Guys.

We're sailing "Conquest" Jan. 7th, and are really looking forward to it. THANKS for posting your thoughts.

Did they offer much karaoke? No need to e-mail the "Fun Times",,,just curious if karaoke is offered most days/evenings?

"SKY"

We're sailing "Conquest" Jan. 7th, and are really looking forward to it. THANKS for posting your thoughts.

Did they offer much karaoke? No need to e-mail the "Fun Times",,,just curious if karaoke is offered most days/evenings?

"SKY"

I didn't do the Karaoke so I'm not sure. When I get home from work I'll check for you.

OK - home with my Fun Times ... here we go:

Day 1: 6:30, 8:00

Day 2: 5:30, 8:00, 10:00

Day 3: 8:00, 10:00

Day 4: 8:30

Day 5: 8:00

Day 6: 7:30, 10:00

Happy to help!

THANKS! That looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to get aboard, and enjoy the many fun activities. Once again, thank you for going the extra mile to get that info to me. I truly appreciate it.

"SKY"