Maximizing the premium drink package

Poskashflo

Good afternoon all:

We are sailing on the Reflection out of MIA on 2/25/17 and have purchased the Prem drink package for both of us. I always love a good challenge when something is "unlimited" for a fixed fee. We used to hit the Molecular bar to hit our daily drinking quota but understand that it is no more.

Any tips from recent Celebrity cruisers on a new strategy?

You probably ought to hit it early and hard, there's no knowing when they might run out of booze. Also, they only have a very limited amount of chiller space in the medical centre and if too many people on your voyage drink themselves to death before you manage it, there's the risk you'll end up standing upright in one of the galley fridges, gaffer-taped to a stiff board until you get to the next port.

Seriously, just drink what you want, when you want without trying to squeeze the last cent out of the package. You might even want to try a bottle of an especially nice red one evening with dinner, which of course would involve going off the reservation. Just a thought.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

Drink your favorites early. My group drank every drop of Blanton's on the boat in the first 4 days of our 7 day cruise.

My favorite thing to do with the package was in the morning to grab a glass of the fresh squeezed OJ and then head to the bar to get a shot of Ketel One added to it. Delicious way to start each day!

Enjoy!

Where do they sell the fresh squeezed OJ? Is it in the buffet like on RC ships?

We'll be on Reflection in April, and my daughter and I both have the premium package. What types of drinks does the World Class Bar serve? Is there a menu?

In our experience, all drinks at World Class bar were included. That said, we look at the premium package as something that allows us to drink what we enjoy without worry of running up a huge bill. We have a couple cocktails, and a glass or two of wine with dinner--and maybe a cocktail after dinner if we go to the show. Throughout the day we drink pop and specialty coffee as well as bottled water. When we add it all up, we have saved money. But we never really drink to excess, either.

My wife and I enjoyed the premium more for the freedom. We are not big drinkers but do enjoy wine, beer and evian. It was always nice going to the pool bar and just asking for something special for the wife without worrying if I could get it or not. It was also easy in the MDR when ordering wine as we just told the server what package we had and he would get us different wines every night. If we didn't like it then we would try something different.