Alaskan excursions question

Augie's mom

We are traveling in July on 14 day Amsterdam cruise. How early do the ships excursions sell out? Can we wait to buy on the ship? Also if you did private excursions was early buying needed? Any info would be helpful fist time doing an Alaskan cruise.

thanks

Terri, aka Augie'smom

I'll be interested to read the answers to your question, but if my Caribbean cruise experience is any guide then some (the most popular) excursions will book up prior to embarkation, and one or two might even book up months in advance while most will remain available to book until the day-of.

I often book my excursions the night before on the ship as I can't make decisions. I ask which is a near sell out and then book it.

The first to sell out is the flight and marine excursions.

There is one excursion you want to book early when it's first available. If the ship makes a Tracy Arm and Juneau stop the same day.... check if this excursion is running. It will be the first excursion to sell out and you must act fast if it's important for you.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ExcursionDetails.action?excursionCode=100030935

I often book my excursions the night before on the ship as I can't make decisions. I ask which is a near sell out and then book it.

There is one excursion you want to book early when it's first available. If the ship makes a Tracy Arm and Juneau stop the same day.... check if this excursion is running. It will be the first excursion to sell out and you must act fast if it's important for you.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ExcursionDetails.action?excursionCode=100030935

Thanks so much, in Europe we did a lot of non ship excursions, and had no problems, we did plan early enough on those, but since Alaska looks like a hot ticket this year, with HAL having at least one of the European ships being sent over for Alaskan cruises thought I should find out info. I will look at this excursion and appreciate the link.

All the best

Terri

Checked and unfortunately this excursion isn't offered on our cruise,but I've made note,as I may get back there,or if they open it up.

Thanks

Terri

Edited by Augie's mom
Wrong word added with auto fill

Checked and unfortunately this excursion isn't offered on our cruise' date='but I've made note,as I may get back there,or if they open it up.

Thanks

Terri[/quote']

Last year on the 14-day RT Seattle we spent most of one day cruising Tracy Arm on the ship. Not quite the same experience as the small boat, I'm sure, but it is still an outstanding day :) I hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)

Edited by VennDiagram