Help with required cruise documentation

zrealm

Hi! I was hoping someone might know the answer to this. My wife (we're cruising next week for our honeymoon) has the following documents in the following names, and I'm trying to figure out if all of them is sufficient for our cruise (Anthem leaving from and returning to NJ). Normally she'd just get a new driver's license but she hasn't had a chance yet - I'm trying to decide if this is something we need to rush to get resolved or if we're okay.

She's booked on the cruise with her new legal name.

She has:

-A birth certificate with her maiden name

-A marriage license to her first husband listing her maiden and married name

-A driver's license with the name from that marriage

-A divorce decree from that marriage

-A marriage license from our marriage listing her maiden name, her previous married name and her new married name

-A cruise reservation listing her new married name

Thanks in advance!

When I booked a honeymoon cruise for my son and his new wife I just booked everything (cruise and flights) with her maiden name...she didn't change anything until they returned home including her passport....very easy.

Just change her reservation to the name on her driver license. She needs to have the name on her cruise paperwork match her identification paperwork.

That way all she needs is the original/certified birth certificate and first marriage license along with the driver license.

Then when you get home, have her get a LEGAL PHOTO ID in her current name!!!!

Is it possible to change the reservation this close to sailing? Originally we hadn't expected a problem because we figured she'd get a new DL in time, but the city took longer than expected to get us the marriage license back :(

Is it possible to change the reservation this close to sailing? Originally we hadn't expected a problem because we figured she'd get a new DL in time, but the city took longer than expected to get us the marriage license back :(

Yes, you can change her name on the reservation, but call today because there is a cutoff for when changes can be made. She needs an ID that matches her reservation, so have her use the name on her drivers license. At some ports, she will need a picture ID and her sea pass to get back on the ship, without changing her name on the reservation, she would have issues even if they allow her to board initially with what you listed.