Teenager in Gym

lilllill

My son used it when he was 15, no one said anything, but he was almost 6' tall. The jogging path is a bit of a joke, but I'd let my 13 year olds give it a shot without me. On every NCL cruise with teens, they've gone to the teen club the first night, and then we didn't see them again (and they tended to slack on the training).

According to the rules, he needs to be 16 years-old or older. Parental supervision is irrelevant.

Does that mean that he will be asked to leave? Well, NCL rule enforcement is usually a toss-up when it comes to certain things.

I took my first NCL cruise two weeks ago on the "Escape"(been on 20, but with other cruise lines). I am a gym rat and was surprised to find a father and son working out in the gym. The dad was doing a good job supervising, but his son (or nephew maybe) was using some of the circuit machines. The boy looked no older than maybe 10 or 11 years old.

Edited by Arwen

People are less likely to notice or complain if you do it at non-peak hours. The early morning and evenings are the most popular times. I have seen young athletes in the gym on various cruises. If they are truly working out, it doesn't bother me. However, if your 5 or 6 year old is using a treadmill at peak hours so you can work out then, that is just rude and thoughtless to those that like an early workout. Also, a group of teenagers acting being loud or hogging machines will draw the attention and ire of other cruisers.