Upgrade in Three for Free promo

EllieinNJ

During this promo I booked a balcony cabin on the Grand Princess. The prices of BF, BE and BD were all the same, so I booked the BE, thinking I would be upgraded to B2. Apparently, I did not get that upgrade because they said the BE was an upgrade from BF. The B2 was only $20 pp more than the others. If I want to get the B2 cabin, do I have to rebook? I got the $1 pp deposit on Cyber Monday and don't want to lose it.

You misunderstood the promotion. It was not they would upgrade you from what you booked but rather that upgraded cabins were available for the price of the lowest in the category (e.g. Your BE for the same price as a BF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During this promo I booked a balcony cabin on the Grand Princess. The prices of BF, BE and BD were all the same, so I booked the BE, thinking I would be upgraded to B2. Apparently, I did not get that upgrade because they said the BE was an upgrade from BF. The B2 was only $20 pp more than the others. If I want to get the B2 cabin, do I have to rebook? I got the $1 pp deposit on Cyber Monday and don't want to lose it.

Just hold on a few days. More promos are coming and you may find something similar or better. You may then be able to re-book and get your B2.

So let me get this straight... For $20 pp more you could have had exactly the cabin you wanted but didn't take it because you mistakenly thought you would be upgraded? Really? $20 per person. Why not just book the cabin in the first place??? :eek: