[LIVE] From the Serenade of the Seas 2-12 December 2016

Hello Giggleshanks

I see you will be staying in cabin 3056 on Serenade which will also be my cabin when I'm on the Serenade year.

Can you post a picture and let me know how the cabin location is and how accessible it is to elevators., etc.

I will try to remember to post a pic. Better yet, it wouldn't hurt to email me while I'm onboard and remind me ;-) ... giggleshanks@yahoo.com. Sailing Dec. 23-Jan 2.

Thanks and Bon Voyage

Collette

Marilyn

Wow.... we were on the preceding cruise and there was salt/pepper shakers on our tables in WJ with Grinders in MDR? So they made this change during your cruise or after we departed?

That did it..... ow I'm going to have to have breakfast for dinner this evening. Loving your photos and especially the copies of the daily activities.

Edited by giggleshanks

I was told tonight that the change to Salt & Pepper packets was only going to be in the open air part of the Windjammer at the stern of the ship due to the moisture causing the salt shakers to plug up.

That makes complete sense!

These reflector lights used to change colors but they don't anymore.

DSCN0502_zpsvlewdsm4.jpg

The RCI Crown & Anchor Symbols on the smoke stack used to light up bright blue from the inside but they don't anymore. RCI Ships with the back lit emblem were really easy to spot at night.

DSCN0491_zpswwxrjios.jpg

I know that these "thingies" have a name but I don't remember it! I heard years ago that they were invented by the guys building the Panama Canal so that they could build some stable break waters.

One name for these are dolosse for the plural and dolos singular. Also know as kolos.

Edited by robtulipe

These reflector lights used to change colors but they don't anymore.

DSCN0502_zpsvlewdsm4.jpg

The RCI Crown & Anchor Symbols on the smoke stack used to light up bright blue from the inside but they don't anymore. RCI Ships with the back lit emblem were really easy to spot at night.

DSCN0491_zpswwxrjios.jpg

Trainman, are you serious? The Crown and Anchor emblems aren't lit anymore? Wth!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on Jewel right now. It was great to depart with our "sister" from St. Kitts yesterday evening! Here's a shot of you guys at sail away.

PVTLZj

Not sure if that will show correctly. Here's a direct link. Posting from my iPad and haven't done photos this way before! https://flic.kr/p/PVTLZj

Edited by subtchr

I know that these "thingies" have a name but I don't remember it! I heard years ago that they were invented by the guys building the Panama Canal so that they could build some stable break waters.

DSCN0495_zpspcdnnhs4.jpg

When we were in South Africa they claimed that one of their people invented them and they called them neckbones! Whoever invented them, they are a great thing

Sent from my SM-T113 using Forums mobile app

Day 7 - Thursday, December 8, 2016 - St John's, Antiqua

We arrive at 8:00 am and expect to be cleared to go ashore at 8:30 am.

"All Aboard" time is 5:30 pm

We plan to go ashore for some light shopping in the Terminal Area.

Edited by Trainman-2

Trainman, are you serious? The Crown and Anchor emblems aren't lit anymore? Wth!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot this photo of the Serenade as she sailed into port Everglades from the Hilton Hotel. We forgot our binoculars and without the lit up blue C&A emblem I couldn't tell what ship it was until in made for the RCI Terminal.

The smoke stack is now lit by flood lights.

DSCN0229_zpsjzo4pden.jpg

I shot this photo of the Serenade as she sailed into port Everglades from the Hilton Hotel. We forgot our binoculars and without the lit up blue C&A emblem I couldn't tell what ship it was until in made for the RCI Terminal.

The smoke stack is now lit by flood lights.

DSCN0229_zpsjzo4pden.jpg

We were on the Port side and I was out on our balcony when this shot was taken. We enjoyed Serenade.

Edited by troykahack