[LIVE] From the Serenade of the Seas 2-12 December 2016

As I expected, the ship's VOOM system was de-voomed when I attempted to log on about 3:30 am this morning.

This has been happening on all of our cruises lately. It is clear that the ship's IT staff is more interested in re-booting their systems and getting it ready for the new customers than they are providing a service that I payed for.

A lot of people were upset about this.

Speaking of customer service, the 24 hour coffee station just outside of the windjammer was not refreshed and ran out of coffee abut 5 am.

When we set our luggage out in the hall last night they were marked with the #1 Luggage Tags which were supposed to be ready for pick-up at 7:45 am.

What actually happened was that the first bags to be unloaded and set out for pickup were tagged #2, #4, #6, and #8. We ended up waiting around for over an hour and a half before we were able to find out luggage and then there were no porters to help us with it.

But half way to the car, each of us with our walker, and a piece of luggage nested in behind it, I grabbed a porter and he helped us the rest of the way.

And then when we finally got onto I-95 and headed north the traffic was really heavy and we had light rain off and on.

I still have some photos to post but they are on my notebook and need to be moved over to my PC first. I will answer questions and make a few final posts over the next few days.

Be sure to check my "Country Home" blog tomorrow for a special announcement!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=846

When we set our luggage out in the hall last night they were marked with the #1 Luggage Tags which were supposed to be ready for pick-up at 7:45 am.

What actually happened was that the first bags to be unloaded and set out for pickup were tagged #2, #4, #6, and #8. We ended up waiting around for over an hour and a half before we were able to find out luggage and then there were no porters to help us with it.

But half way to the car, each of us with our walker, and a piece of luggage nested in behind it, I grabbed a porter and he helped us the rest of the way.

And then when we finally got onto I-95 and headed north the traffic was really heavy and we had light rain off and on.

I'm still on ship doing another Back to Back. Was wondering why they called even numbers and not the odds. So sorry you had to deal with that... In Oct I did the Bos-FLL repo back to back with 10 nite got off last month was number 13, no flight til 4pm so no hurry. Took 1hr and 45 min get threw customs, took until 11:45 get to airport. Glad wasn't any higher or had earlier flight. Happy you are home safe, was nice sailing with you again.

Edited by ONECRUISER

Did anyone else see the whale breaching Saturday? It was off the starboard side.[ATTACH]400029[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]400030[/ATTACH]

Yes, we were on our balcony when my wife spotted it. We watched it for about 5 minutes.

I have gone through my photos and there are no new ones worth posting so I am going to close out this thread.

I am glad that so many of you enjoyed cruising along with us and really appreciate your kind comments.

Our next cruise and my next Live Report will be on the Harmony of the Seas sailing on February 18, 2017.

Watch For It...

Very sad to read your review on Chops......This was always a place we looked forward to dining in. In the past we've had outstanding dinners. Just can't figure out what's happened lately as they've continue to raise the price. Sounds like corporate has made a move that will end up back firing on them as this venue becomes vacant :(. Dear management, please stay away from the Park Cafe:p.

Skip

They have got to pay for the new builds by cutting costs on the older ships, sticking it to us long time loyal cruisers! Had steak at chops on the Oasis last month and it was so bad and tuff!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tonight's movie on the Pool Deck is "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."

There were 8 people, including a few kids, watching.

I have always thought the movie screens by the pool were something that seemed like a good idea but never really caught on. I have never seen a bunch of people watching in the evenings.

But on the bright side because of this, they keep the hot tubs and pools open. Majesty use to be notorious for closing all the hot tubs and pools by 9pm, but now they stay open.

OMG!! I am SOooo happy they are starting to do that now! Seems every other cruise

we get a small annoying charge AFTER the cruise is complete that is always a mini

bar charge, even though we have never used it, as do others quite often apparently.

Hopefully this will help end those nefarious charges and also the waste of the food

and beverages in those mini bars that just get outdated and stale. :eek: Plus

such a waste of time to have them come around to replenish or check. :(

Wonder if other ships are doing that yet?

Liberty is, we were on Dec4-11.

Also, went to Chops, steak a joke (12oz NY Strip).

People at next table had the extra cost steak, said it was very tough tho' tasty. Told waiter it was bad, nothing done, no Manager around. Should've escalated but didn't, won't go again. Just FYI.

They have got to pay for the new builds by cutting costs on the older ships, sticking it to us long time loyal cruisers! Had steak at chops on the Oasis last month and it was so bad and tuff!

Just left Serenade this morning - the steak in Chops was great.

Just left Serenade this morning - the steak in Chops was great.

So glad to hear that,will be on the Serenade for 21 days starting Jan 23rd. Was on the Serenade last Jan for 21 days and thought their food was pretty good.Really liked the poolside BBG. on the next to last sea days.

I am sitting here in our hotel room trying to keep an eye out for the Serenade in the hope that I can get a nice photo of her coming in.

Unfortunately, there is a cargo ship docked directly between where the Serenade will dock and our balcony.

Don't know how I missed this, but always a pleasure seeing your posts and photos. Will look for the famous breakfast sandwich....K.O.:)

This is the first time ever of all of my RCI Cruises that the Pools were closed on Boarding Day.

DSCN0243_zps8axtkzv5.jpg

Nobody seems to know why...

We did the sailing right after you disembarked and the pools were closed on boarding day as well.

We booked two (2) new cruises a few days ago.

Serenade of the Seas, 5 Feb 2018, 11 night Deluxe Southern Caribbean, sailing from Fort Lauderdale.

This cruise is sold out already. Wanted to check the itinerary as was curious of the Deluxe Southern Caribbean and, yes, it is sold out.