Scavenger Hunt ideas for cruise gift?!

gonersgirl

Has anyone told their children they are going on a cruise by scavenger hunt? We're taking the kids on a cruise 12/26 and want to send them on a scavenger hunt as part of their Christmas gift, but I am drawing a blank about clue ideas!

i did this with my brother when I took him to Hawaii. I hid things like, sunscreen, a luggage tag, travel toothbrush and toothpaste etc. the final gift was an envelope with a note in it that said he had to beg like a dog (lol) I gave him a box with a letter in it that said SURPRISE! YOURE GOING TO HAWAII

Great idea. I would find some pictures of the ship and destination and activities they can plan on and have them be items to find.

Closest I ever came was telling my kids we were going shopping one morning (moans and groans) and then turning off at the Disneyland exit. The attitudes chaned really quickly....we live <10 miles away but don't go that often.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have them go in search of items they will need to pack for the cruise. Perhaps as a gift for them to open first would be a small duffel or tote bag for carry-on. In the bag could be a list of things to find, but don't list the items. Give them clues as to what the item might be. For example don't put swimsuit on the list. Put what items would you need if you went swimming at the pool? Or, What item is pink and yellow and found in your 2nd dresser drawer? The last clue could take them to the bathtub where you could have it filled with water and a plastic ship floating in it. You could also hide small presents around the house with clues to where they could find them. The small presents could be from the dollar store and things to occupy themselves while traveling to the cruise: coloring book, books, games, Candy, etc. The dollar store will be a great resource for you for these kind of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We booked a cruise for our Grandson's 12 birthday which was in March. As a Christmas gift we gave him a blue suit. In the inside pockets were the cruise tickets. When he opened the gift he looked as us like we had lost our minds.(LOL) He was told to look in the pockets and he found them and went crazy. It was to much fun and it was a great cruise. Good luck and have fun.

I'm doing the same thing for my hubby's 50th birthday. He'll find out we are going on a cruise 16 days later. I'm doing a scavenger hunt, and then a word and number scramble for the ship name and cabin number.

Has anyone told their children they are going on a cruise by scavenger hunt? We're taking the kids on a cruise 12/26 and want to send them on a scavenger hunt as part of their Christmas gift, but I am drawing a blank about clue ideas!

Are your kids pretty young ? Will you be doing all the packing ahead of time ?

Asking because my idea is to string the last clue to the reveal overnight somehow. Maybe that last clue has them meeting in the van at a certain time tomorrow "dressed for a day of fun" and with all of thier "finds" from the hunt to receive the final clue. I would start the hunt with a bag of some type and the items found along the way would be things for thier travel bag along with the next clue.

Edited by Athankfulheart

Have them go in search of items they will need to pack for the cruise. Perhaps as a gift for them to open first would be a small duffel or tote bag for carry-on. In the bag could be a list of things to find, but don't list the items. Give them clues as to what the item might be. For example don't put swimsuit on the list. Put what items would you need if you went swimming at the pool? Or, What item is pink and yellow and found in your 2nd dresser drawer? The last clue could take them to the bathtub where you could have it filled with water and a plastic ship floating in it. You could also hide small presents around the house with clues to where they could find them. The small presents could be from the dollar store and things to occupy themselves while traveling to the cruise: coloring book, books, games, Candy, etc. The dollar store will be a great resource for you for these kind of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What great ideas!!!!