LIVE from Freedom of the Seas 12/4 Western Caribbean

I appreciate the photos of the Compass, but they might be a bit too small for some to make out the details.

Appreciate the heads up. Looked good on my end but I'll see about getting closer with the next ones and maybe uploading the larger ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been on this ship... we love the oasis class but there is a Freedom Thanksgiving sailing in 2017 I may be interested in, so I am following along. I am curious about entertainment and activities. It appeared the liberty of the seas added a water slide and has Saturday night fever, but unfortunately it leaves out of Tx. We live in FL, so we prefer Port Everglades. Let us know about the shows and activities too please! Much thanks!

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by flgatorgirl

Can you let us know if lobster tail is served this week in the main dining room? There are reports from Navigator that it is being discontinued. Also, we were told in October no more lamb chops ( just shank one night) and no duck. I am hoping I'm misinformed. Would love to know whether ant of those are available on your 7 night sailing. Thanks! Have a great cruise.

Can you let us know if lobster tail is served this week in the main dining room? There are reports from Navigator that it is being discontinued. Also, we were told in October no more lamb chops ( just shank one night) and no duck. I am hoping I'm misinformed. Would love to know whether ant of those are available on your 7 night sailing. Thanks! Have a great cruise.

Absolutely. We're not doing formal nights in the MDR this time around but I'll still swing by and check out the menus. Dinner last night I had the Horseradish crusted salmon and it was really good. My wife had the beef striploin and I think it would've been decent except she ordered it medium well.....

Good morning everyone! Day 2 is bright and sunny here at sea. Last night I went to the welcome aboard show and while it wasn't full it was enjoyable. The comedian did a short set and he was pretty funny.

Was up before the sun to get a workout and run in before the masses. I will post the Cruise compass later today. Tonight's show is "Marquee" and there are two ice shows today but we're doing those later in the Cruise. Heading for breakfast in the MDR and then some time at the Solarium. Thanks everyone for following along!

As a side note the good pepper grinders still exist. Not on every table and not consistent but I saw several at dinner and one throw morning in the MDR. My waiter last night even had a really sad little plastic one too.

Did a 180 and heading back to Key West at 22 kts due to a medical emergency. Were just west of Havana when we turned no updates on any potential itinerary delays until later.

Extremely windy but barely a cloud in the sky, a beautiful day!

Captain just announced we're back enroute to Grand Cayman and not heading to Key West after all. No other explanation that I heard but hopefully the passenger in question is doing better.

Reminds me of a parent driving on vacation... "If you two don't stop fighting, I'm turning this ship around and we're heading back to Florida!"

Seriously, though, I hope the rest of the voyage is free of incident for the entire ship. Thanks for letting us have a glimpse into the live experience!

Interesting that HarrisCaprock doesn't show on the speed test and Stream has not been BW limited (to 4 Mpbs) like on some other ships.

Isn't HarrisCaprock the ISP for the geosync birds? I believe Freedom has O3b.

Good afternoon all! I will be embarking on Freedom tomorrow afternoon from Port Everglades. While I've seen several live reports lately on the 8 night Eastern, there hasn't been much on the 6 night so I thought we'd give it a go. I doubt this will be quite on the level of ckrobyn or Canadian Disney Moms reviews for quality but I'll try.

Much of what you'll see photo and review wise will be a repeat of previous reviews, but I'll try and take plenty of photos especially of the cruise compasses and the menus from the various venues. We aren't planning on specialty dining at all but will toss in some menu shots there and as many of the drink menus/prices I can. I tend to take a lot of random photos so expect those as well.

Background:

Myself (Cody), my wife Ainslie, and my two parents will be heading to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. We booked this cruise while I was deployed earlier this year. I realized I was going to miss yet another anniversary (3 out of 4) due to work and we needed a vacation. When my parents heard about the trip they decided to come along as they hadn't cruised in a few years.

We typically cruise in Promenade/inside rooms as we spend very little time in the room itself. For this cruise we booked a standard E3 balcony room next door to my parents midship on deck 7. Prices were very good we were able to take advantage of multiple price drops. I also purchased the 1 device surf and stream package for us to share (will post speeds a couple times) as well as the deluxe drink package for myself.

In Grand Cayman, my wife and mother will be doing the stingray/snorkel tour with Nativeway which we've done previously and loved, while my dad and I will be taking a bus over to the Cayman Islands Brewery for the tour and a few samples and some lunch in town afterwards. Cozumel is lunch at Casa Denis and some shopping downtown and a leisurely stroll back to the ship. Costa Maya were booked at Maya Chan along with a good bunch of our roll call.

As we live only about 2 1/2 hours north in Satellite Beach we will be driving down in the morning and using Park n Go. More to come tomorrow, and if anyone has questions/ wants photos from around the ship post here and I'll do my best.

Side note- I'm not a "foodie" and very easy to please so while I will talk about the food onboard, my opinions on it will likely be less in depth/critical than others.

Headed out on Feb 12 on the Freedom, so I will be following along with interest. Thanks for taking the time to post all the info. And have a great trip!

By the way, where did your wife get her name, Ainslie? Is it a family name?

Looks like Harris is the system integrator, but I recall seeing "O3b" as the ISP on some of the speedtest results posted here. Maybe it's all changed to Harris now, I haven't seen a speedtest with ISP from Oasis class lately.

Looks like Harris is the system integrator, but I recall seeing "O3b" as the ISP on some of the speedtest results posted here

It probably depends on how the speedtest app sees the various LAN hops. And, in certain conditions, even on a ship with O3B, there could be an outage which reverts the user to the old system in which case the ISP would probably be listed differently.

Good afternoon, I disembarked yesterday with a group of almost 50. We had a great time on the freedom of the seas. During the second day of our trip they replaced all deck chairs and balcony room chairs with nice new blue silver/blue chairs.

Enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good afternoon, I disembarked yesterday with a group of almost 50. We had a great time on the freedom of the seas. During the second day of our trip they replaced all deck chairs and balcony room chairs with nice new blue silver/blue chairs.

Enjoy the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The new chairs are a definite improvement from the last time we were onboard for sure.9cc4a6cbf265fc00977c4a205523e22e.jpg