Eclipse entertainment question

Cruizen Susan

We are sailing her next Sunday, Dec 11. Just wondering if anyone who has been on the Eclipse recently has any recommendations for specific shows. DH is not a fan, but I usually drag him to one or two. We particularly love good comedians, hypnotists, and one of the best we've ever seen on a X ship was an impersonator, he was fabulous but forget his name. We also enjoy good tribute bands...the Beatles....Four Seasons....Temptations....all seen on a ship.

Thanks in advance!

Susan

We enjoyed Topper and the Rock show wasn't bad. The other production show (can't recall the name) was not so good. One night the cast put on a s special "these are our favourite songs" show. Really didn't like that show felt very self indulgent.

On our cruise - which was ex-UK, this year we found the shows in the main theatre were virtually all music orientated, a bit of a disappointment as we wanted a bit more variety (Comedians, Magicians etc)

We came off last Sunday and the entertainment was quite good over all.

Chandelier is the other production show, it's ok, they do tell you it is a bit off the wall.

I didn't like the one on one session with the signers either, my exact words were it was too self indulgent!

The rest was a mix of singing, comedian (belly laughter funny), magician and ventrolequest. The house orchestra Big Dog Drew is absolutley brilliant, they play in the ensemble lounge and foyer too when the are not on the main theatre.

We walked out, with many others, on the last night performance, Sonic Eve, a singing trio of more mature ladies from Canada, as we say back in Blighty, it was blo**dy awful:D

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

We came off last Sunday and the entertainment was quite good over all.

Chandelier is the other production show, it's ok, they do tell you it is a bit off the wall.

I didn't like the one on one session with the signers either, my exact words were it was too self indulgent!

The rest was a mix of singing, comedian (belly laughter funny), magician and ventrolequest. The house orchestra Big Dog Drew is absolutley brilliant, they play in the ensemble lounge and foyer too when the are not on the main theatre.

We walked out, with many others, on the last night performance, Sonic Eve, a singing trio of more mature ladies from Canada, as we say back in Blighty, it was blo**dy awful:D

Thanks for the heads up we too will be on the Eclipse shortly. How did you enjoy the Cruise Director Eddy thou

We are sailing her next Sunday' date=' Dec 11. Just wondering if anyone who has been on the Eclipse recently has any recommendations for specific shows. DH is not a fan, but I usually drag him to one or two. We particularly love good comedians, hypnotists, and one of the best we've ever seen on a X ship was an impersonator, he was fabulous but forget his name. We also enjoy good tribute bands...the Beatles....Four Seasons....Temptations....all seen on a ship.

Thanks in advance!

Susan[/quote']

Entertainment on X is not that good so good luck.

Thanks for the heads up we too will be on the Eclipse shortly. How did you enjoy the Cruise Director Eddy thou

He is OK, dry sense of humour, I didn't mind him but I have seen more energetic.

We normally do Disney so the CD's on there can be OTT, so Eddie was fine but that is not really a huge part of our cruise so we only saw him nightly in the theatre. Spoke to him a couple of times afterwards and he was fine.

Thank you, everyone! You've helped, by narrowing down choices for us. I do realize X is not the best in the entertainment area, but now and then I've seen a few good comedians and others.

We particularly love jazz and classical music, and can sometimes find it in some of the lounges!! Love a great piano bar as well.

X isn't known for their entertainment. But the good thing is that you can always leave the show if you don't like it. All the cruise lines try to appeal to all the different tastes of the passengers. Sometimes the show is great,other times,not so much. Myself, you couldn't pay me to sit through a ventriloquist,yet many love it or a magic show,for that matter.

X isn't known for their entertainment. But the good thing is that you can always leave the show if you don't like it. All the cruise lines try to appeal to all the different tastes of the passengers. Sometimes the show is great,other times,not so much. Myself, you couldn't pay me to sit through a ventriloquist,yet many love it or a magic show,for that matter.

You are so right. And we sit in the back, so we can sneak out when necessary :)

Hi, we did the Nov 13th cruise; entertainment variable with excellent comedian and ventriloquist shows being the best by far. The ship's entertainment team were OK to start with (the "Topper" show) but got worse as the cruise went on; the final show (Rock anthems tribute) was like karaoke on a bad night. Other music shows were however very good but didn't see the final night, but heard it wasn't great. Get yourself to the Martini bar, its the best anaesthetic by far!! Have a great time. Stuart

Hi, we did the Nov 13th cruise; entertainment variable with excellent comedian and ventriloquist shows being the best by far. The ship's entertainment team were OK to start with (the "Topper" show) but got worse as the cruise went on; the final show (Rock anthems tribute) was like karaoke on a bad night. Other music shows were however very good but didn't see the final night, but heard it wasn't great. Get yourself to the Martini bar, its the best anaesthetic by far!! Have a great time. Stuart

I thought the production shows were fine for what they are and with the limitations they have to work with, the aerial performers were excellent but no one mentions them!

I thought the second Jane Curry show was so boring, after the first show, minimum songs 3 or 4 maybe and loads and loads and loads of chatter about her husband and his golf.

Out of the 14 nights there was only one night that the Martini bar was not frequented and that was when I had too many Martnis in one sitting the night before I didn't do too well the next day, so didn't make it that night.:eek:

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

We are sailing her next Sunday' date=' Dec 11. Just wondering if anyone who has been on the Eclipse recently has any recommendations for specific shows. DH is not a fan, but I usually drag him to one or two. We particularly love good comedians, hypnotists, and one of the best we've ever seen on a X ship was an impersonator, he was fabulous but forget his name. We also enjoy good tribute bands...the Beatles....Four Seasons....Temptations....all seen on a ship.

Thanks in advance!

Susan[/quote']

can you please post back about the entertainment and perhaps find out who is on the middle of Feb ??? as the cruise director ??/

thanks very much and enjoy your trip !!!

Brockmom

On eclipse right now.

Singers are very good, but the production shows are horrible. Best one of those we saw was the Broadvway review.

Ventriloquist Garett was hilarious.

The 2 feature singers Savannah Smith and Lou Gazzara (American idol 2nd season) was phenomenal

Make sure you catch the liars club, the star of that show was Captain Leo.

Give Eddy a chance he is very dry but very funny smart and quick. He would appreciate it if you knew someone to fix him up with.

On eclipse right now.

Singers are very good, but the production shows are horrible. Best one of those we saw was the Broadvway review.

The 2 feature singers Savannah Smith and Lou Gazzara (American idol 2nd season) was phenomenal

Give Eddy a chance he is very dry but very funny smart and quick. He would appreciate it if you knew someone to fix him up with.

GREAT information, thank you! This will save us precious vacation time, by spending it at the Martini bar instead of some of the bad shows!

On eclipse right now.

Agree 100%

Also live entertainment through out the ship has been very good and no electronic music playing over the pa as some people have mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well at the risk of repeating myself, 2 x 14 night trips on Eclipse this year. The new production shows IMO were awful. The previous ones were better. The two with stories were just banal. I feel sorry for the moderately talented cast having to work with this material. The music is recorded, no band.

However we thought there was more entertainment going on elsewhere than previously which was good.

We've had Eddy as our CD, he is an acquired taste, low key and an off the wall sense of humour but ok. Sue Denning though matches the Eclipse perfectly. You really know when she is onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk