Bon Voyage Mr and Mrs Gut.

Tuesday- at sea, pretty laid back, formal night.

The ship is a bit crowded, in the public areas but not unbearably so.

The food has been OK, not great. Breakfast in horizontal Court, we were a bit disappointed, in the variety just little things, like normally there will be a few versions of scrambled egg, plain, cheese, ham etc, only scrambled so far, not as much choice in cereals as we are used to.

Dinner tonight was the first time we have ever had to wait to be seated. The real issue was that there are only two ATD rooms and one is used for extra early traditional, so half of ATD is out from 5:30-7:30, whereas on ships with four ATD rooms they normally only set aside 1 (or 1/4 of ATD) for this overflow.

No Curtis Stone Items on the MDR menu but the old traditional always available aren't back.

Welcomed like long lost relatives by one waiter from last year.

Shame the food isn't up to the normal variety and the MDR is having issues, perhaps eating a bit later (after 7.30-8pm) would be better.:D

Wednesday - Melbourne

Arrived early.

Maasdam artived an hour or so later.

Spent the day with our son and daughter in law.

Mrs Gut only spent a few bucks in spite of hours at the factory outlets. Mr Gut bought himself a new pen.

Lunch with the kids at a little place they like. Funny they were taking us somewhere that they said sold thickshakes that'd bliss us away, they'd been there a few days ago, it's gone a new cafe in its place. In under a week.

The thickshakes were not enough then.;) Glad you got to see your family and also get a new pen (much mightier than a sword I believe).

Oi Mr Gut ... wander down the back end (Outriggers) and ask bar tender Ryan to demonstrate how he was taught how to open a Pure Blonde by an Aussie ...I know you do not drink ....... he should use the old twistie into the forearm trick - he will smile and tell you my first name :)

When you learn my name - drop by Explorers Lounge and give Maria a big ole kiss from me and just about everyone onboard from the previous cruise - she is a class act

Enjoy your cruise mate :D

Oi Mr Gut ... wander down the back end (Outriggers) and ask bar tender Ryan to demonstrate how he was taught how to open a Pure Blonde by an Aussie ...I know you do not drink ....... he should use the old twistie into the forearm trick - he will smile and tell you my first name :)

When you learn my name - drop by Explorers Lounge and give Maria a big ole kiss from me and just about everyone onboard from the previous cruise - she is a class act

Enjoy your cruise mate :D

Fantastic challenge, and by doing it he gets a beer and a kiss and that does make a cruise better.:D

Some have decorum, some don't, GUT has Decorum, full stop.

de|corum.

NOUN

1.behaviour in keeping with good taste and propriety.

"he had acted with the utmost decorum"

synonyms: propriety · properness · seemliness · decency ·

[more]

•etiquette:

"he had no idea of funeral decorum"

synonyms: etiquette · protocol · customary behaviour ·

[more]•

archaic

(decorums)

particular requirements of good taste and propriety.•

archaic

suitability to the requirements of a person, rank, or occasion

Edited by mrs and mrs

Mr Gut we missed you! We hung around Outriggers looking for a "big" foot on a "big" boy but alas team Gnome had to leave early for dinner at 6pm. There were only a few of us there and it was a pleasant area to be as well. I found the ship to be surprisingly good at carrying its 3,500 odd passengers, we all seemed to spread out pretty well. I also thought there was not as much variety in the dining room, but must say that Crown Grill was delightful in dining and decor, easily worth the extra charge. How about the list when the wind hit us coming out of Port Arthur :eek:. Man that was interesting!

Steve.

Mr Gut we missed you! We hung around Outriggers looking for a "big" foot on a "big" boy but alas team Gnome had to leave early for dinner at 6pm. There were only a few of us there and it was a pleasant area to be as well. I found the ship to be surprisingly good at carrying its 3,500 odd passengers, we all seemed to spread out pretty well. I also thought there was not as much variety in the dining room, but must say that Crown Grill was delightful in dining and decor, easily worth the extra charge. How about the list when the wind hit us coming out of Port Arthur :eek:. Man that was interesting!

Steve.

G'day Gnomey...

We were there (or I thought it was Outriggers) about 5:45-6:00 but couldn't find any group at all, but hey that's how it goes.

We actually felt the ship was a bit crowded.

I agree about the food, I thought the quality was OK but like you that the variety wasn't to usual standards, we only ate in the MDR three times.

I was disappointed leaving PA, after the Captains warnings about medication, securing loose items etc, we thought it would be worse.

Some have decorum, some don't, GUT has Decorum, full stop.

de|corum.

NOUN

1.behaviour in keeping with good taste and propriety.

"he had acted with the utmost decorum"

synonyms: propriety · properness · seemliness · decency ·

[more]

•etiquette:

"he had no idea of funeral decorum"

synonyms: etiquette · protocol · customary behaviour ·

[more]•

archaic

(decorums)

particular requirements of good taste and propriety.•

archaic

suitability to the requirements of a person, rank, or occasion

So..... is there another Gut around.:confused::confused::confused:

With the Emerald Princess in Melbourne on the 14th, at the place I work on Wednesday's we had quite a few visitors from the ship, one group even walked the whole 5.5 km, I was impressed with that, but convinced them to take the 109 tram back, funny with them wearing lanyards they couldn't figure out how I knew where they were from :cool:

With the Emerald Princess in Melbourne on the 14th, at the place I work on Wednesday's we had quite a few visitors from the ship, one group even walked the whole 5.5 km, I was impressed with that, but convinced them to take the 109 tram back, funny with them wearing lanyards they couldn't figure out how I knew where they were from :cool:

LOl like sheep with colour marks on their rumps, totally oblivious.:p

we must work kinda close 6666oz ... cos there I was stalking them Emeraldies like the Roadrunner/Coyote ... I was the Coyote ...... just to get their cruise card and get back onboard seeing as how I had just got off in Sydney on the 12th I figured the crew would have thought I was doing a B2B and not question my presence ;)

As for Mrs Elf I am sure she would have worked out where I was once the news broke ... :p

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf
spellering

I might have come into where you work, might not have too, but no Lanyard and no 5.5k walk.

we must work kinda close 6666oz ... cos there I was stalking them Emeraldies like the Roadrunner/Coyote ... I was the Coyote ...... just to get their cruise card and get back onboard seeing as how I had just got off in Sydney on the 12th I figured the crew would have thought I was doing a B2B and not question my presence ;)

As for Mrs Elf I am sure she would have worked out where I was once the news broke ... :p

I had a better plan, our cabin had a drop down third bed, figured if I could get it open, and Mrs Gut could push it back up, I could hide there till next cruise started:D.

Not sure how Mrs Gut all 45 kg of her, was going to push me back up, but figured that was her problem;).

BUT BUT the roadrunner always wins with the Coyote at the bottom of the canyon :(

We would have known where you went.;)

BUT BUT the roadrunner always wins with the Coyote at the bottom of the canyon aka Port Phillip Bay :(

hence why I am still working on sophisticating the nuances of my cunning plan :rolleyes:

I have the blue Princess Cruises bag, I have the lanyard, I have the cruise card (albeit waaay out of date), I have the AIBP sticker, I have the reputation, ..... so that counts as camouflage.

I just gotta get back on the ship :cool:

Once onboard I know quiet places when I need a sleep and I can always use the showers near the spa.

If I can just work out how to get back on the ship ......

I know - perhaps I should call the ACME cruise card company .... :D

hence why I am still working on sophisticating the nuances of my cunning plan :rolleyes:

I have the blue Princess Cruises bag, I have the lanyard, I have the cruise card (albeit waaay out of date), I have the AIBP sticker, I have the reputation, ..... so that counts as camouflage.

I just gotta get back on the ship :cool:

Once onboard I know quiet places when I need a sleep and I can always use the showers near the spa.

If I can just work out how to get back on the ship ......

I know - perhaps I should call the ACME cruise card company .... :D

But we know how well ACME products worked, ;) don't we :eek:.