Adventure of the Seas waterslides

Not functional as of Thanksgiving week, saw a post from someone on this week that they were running water through them so maybe getting closer.

I think they indicated February in their "announcement" ... seem to recall it took months of testing before the slides on Liberty finally went into service.

Agreed but when we booked the vacation in August (for a New Years cruise) part of our choice of ship was based on the features of the ship since we are traveling with our kids. Kind of feels like "bait and switch".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If it was an intentional slight where they got you to book and then canceled the stuff after- bait and switch would be appropriate.

But:

1) the delay was caused by a hurricane, not by a mistake

2) they are still putting the slides in.

If you want to feel that it was an intentional slight, well- I guess you can.

It was still mother nature who caused the problems and they are doing their best to make it up.

Ouch "alfaetic". I am disappointed with the lack of communication from RCCL over this. We booked a family cruise in good faith with expectations of what amenities would be available. If those aren't available - due to Mother Nature or not, I think we should have been notified and given an option to rebook on a different ship or at a different time. If I hadn't happened upon the news story, we wouldn't have even known until we boarded which would have been disappointing to the kids.

Ouch "alfaetic". I am disappointed with the lack of communication from RCCL over this. We booked a family cruise in good faith with expectations of what amenities would be available. If those aren't available - due to Mother Nature or not, I think we should have been notified and given an option to rebook on a different ship or at a different time. If I hadn't happened upon the news story, we wouldn't have even known until we boarded which would have been disappointing to the kids.

Perhaps they plan on having them completed when we board on 12/31.

They are installed and being debugged right now, after all.

The cruises that were heavily impacted were notified- based on the threads that have been popping up. (those were in November)

Still- I can see how it can be disappointing, but I can't see it as a "bait and switch". They are doing everything they can to make it work, not just canceling the work. They, too, are putting a "good faith" effort into fixing it.

I'm not saying it's not bad- I'm just not saying it's *that* bad.

Edited by alfaeric

I agree. I have even called RCCl a few times asking for an update and they didn't know. Thankful for this forum to get updates from those currently on AOS.

I can understand your disappointment....but...if your sailing isn't until 12/31 they may have thought a lot of the features would be completed by then. Besides, it is hard for them to know what features are important to each guest. They don't know why you booked the ship. We booked because of great itinerary and great crew with the "revitalization" considered " a plus". It would be hard for them to know which pax had the Flowrider as a priority, the slide as a priority, Chops as a priority, new room furnishings as a priority, etc.

A slide takes all of 20 seconds....don't base an entire vacation on a waterslide!

Maybe so, but certain people might have booked on to certain ships based off the amenities onboard and would still be disappointed at the lack of.... the only reason why I booked on Harmony vs. Oasis was because of that 100 foot tall Abyss slide they have on the back of it. So while the '20 second' slide might not be a big deal to you, people with families or kids looking forward to it would still be disappointed. Hell, I'm 30 and I'm super excited to ride the slides on Harmony in a few weeks!

Skiiergirl ,can you tell me if they are using the new menus for dinner now?

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Forums mobile app

They are the old menus...but modified. Still named Jasmine, Basil, Saffron, Shiitake, etc but with a few of the entrees modified (chicken instead of duck and tenderloin instead of filet).