Ventura in Lanzerotte

davecttr

Ventura is in Lanzerotte today and according to marine traffic site is moored nearer to Arrecife than I have seen cruise ships moored before. Is this a new cruise berth? I notice it is only about a mile stroll from the town compared with 2 miles to the normal berths.

Maybe this berth is only available when the wind is light as it is open to the sea. Today the wind is easterly at 14 knots

ps - there are no other ships in port.

Looking at goggle dearth I can't see any cruise terminal there :confused:

Where Ventura is berthed on AIS looks to me to be the old berth located on the fringe of Arrecife and nearer the town - I seem to think we did walk into town from there.

More recently the last twice we've been to Lanzarote, we've berthed at Puerto de los Marmoles which I believe is the new cruise port (not that there's much there!). Although it doesn't look much further out, the only roads out of the port take you to the main roads which you can see come from the Costa Teguise direction towards Arrecife. To walk into town from there you have to get out of the port complex to this road - perhaps about a ten minute walk and quite easy and then turn left. I'm not sure how walkable that stretch would be as I don't remember pavements in this area and I reckon it would be a fair step. We walked from the port to this main road to catch a local bus into Costa Teguise (could also pick one up into Arrecife going the other way). That was cheap and easy.

Edited by kruzseeka

Where Ventura is berthed on AIS looks to me to be the old berth located on the fringe of Arrecife and nearer the town - I seem to think we did walk into town from there.

More recently the last twice we've been to Lanzarote, we've berthed at Puerto de los Marmoles which I believe is the new cruise port (not that there's much there!). Although it doesn't look much further out, the only roads out of the port take you to the main roads which you can see come from the Costa Teguise direction towards Arrecife. To walk into town from there you have to get out of the port complex to this road - perhaps about a ten minute walk and quite easy and then turn left. I'm not sure how walkable that stretch would be as I don't remember pavements in this area and I reckon it would be a fair step. We walked from the port to this main road to catch a local bus into Costa Teguise (could also pick one up into Arrecife going the other way). That was cheap and easy.

Where Ventura is berthed is not near Puerto de los Marmoles it is on the Arrecife side of the harbour and on google looks brand new but no buildings can be seen there. There are lots of parking places, walkways and pedestrian crossings. Access to the town is about a mile and you end up at the lagoons in the centre of town. The new berth area was water a couple of years ago!

That's good news then - sounds much more user friendly than the Puerto de los Marmoles which we used in March this year - that was the 'new' one a few years ago although as I said, there were next to no facilities there. Since it now seems there is an even newer, dedicated cruise port now the one we went to was probably intended as a commercial port but was used whilst the 'Mark 3' version was being built. Sounds like a huge improvement! ;)