Cruising with the King

gumby1224

I am sailing 2-26-18 on the FOS and just found out that this is a "Cruising with the King" trip. Has anyone been on a cruise when this group was there? Did it affect you in any way? What venues were off limits to the general public? When I googled it, it showed that RCCL does this a couple times a year.

I am sailing 2-26-18 on the FOS and just found out that this is a "Cruising with the King" trip. Has anyone been on a cruise when this group was there? Did it affect you in any way? What venues were off limits to the general public? When I googled it, it showed that RCCL does this a couple times a year.

He was on my most recent FOS sailing. Other than seeing him once in the R bar and said hello, I had no other contact. I didn't notice any venues being affected by his appearances and no mention of such in the Cruise Compasses. I'm not much of a late night person, so maybe others could give a better perspective.

I was surprised by the lack of exposure for his "character" onboard.

We are "Cruising with the King" in February.....but that would be Cruise Critic member, Cigar King! :D;):D

I've cruised with Cigar King AND was on a "Cruising with the King" group cruise.

I wasn't part of the group, and aside from seeing several impersonators around the ship, noticed very little from it. It wasn't a huge group and they arrange their own events, etc... Most of their events, that took over venues, were during the day and didn't impact us at all.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

Yup. No idea they were on board at all, TBH. Had lunch in MDR with one if the singers one day. Ran into one in an elevator a second time. Hell I couldn't tell you what venues were used at all. Very low impact overall.

The Santa convention was more of an inconvenience because they seemed to travel in large packs and has lots of ECVs

Sent from my iPad using Forums