[LIVE REVIEW] Harmony of the Seas 12/17 - 12/24: First Time on RCCL ships

romesauce

We have booked an D6 Superior Oceanview Balcony room on Deck 11. Both myself and my husband are 30 years old and have no kids. We live in the Washington DC area. My husband likes to relax and enjoy our balcony on cruises whereas I like having activities to do. This will be our third cruise. Our first cruise was on the Celebrity Reflection (Eastern Carribean sailing) in 2014 and we loved the food but I felt there weren't as many activities as I would have liked. In 2015, we decided to go on the Norwegian Getaway (Western Carribean sailing). We thought there were a lot of activities but the food wasn't great for us. We hope HOTS will be the balance we're looking for!

We are also a 30 something couple from the DC Area. I can't think of a better week to get out of dodge and head somewhere warm?

We did an eastern caribbean cruise on Freedom 4 years ago and did your itinerary on the Independence of the Seas 2 years ago. Last year we did a western Caribbean on Getaway and must say. Comparing all 3 experiences, unless things have changed drastically in the 2 years since we've sailed with Royal, you are in for an excellent vacation.

We rented a cabana in Labadee to celebrate a birthday. It was a splurge but a nice way to get away from the crowds especially since there were 2 ships in port that day. I wouldn't mind trying the zipline adventure there but remember it being somewhat spendy.

We look forward to your review as we are eyeing this itinerary on Freedom this coming March. Enjoy!

We are also a 30 something couple from the DC Area. I can't think of a better week to get out of dodge and head somewhere warm?

We did an eastern caribbean cruise on Freedom 4 years ago and did your itinerary on the Independence of the Seas 2 years ago. Last year we did a western Caribbean on Getaway and must say. Comparing all 3 experiences, unless things have changed drastically in the 2 years since we've sailed with Royal, you are in for an excellent vacation.

We rented a cabana in Labadee to celebrate a birthday. It was a splurge but a nice way to get away from the crowds especially since there were 2 ships in port that day. I wouldn't mind trying the zipline adventure there but remember it being somewhat spendy.

We look forward to your review as we are eyeing this itinerary on Freedom this coming March. Enjoy!

We're happy to be leaving the cold! I'm actually born and raised in Canada and moved to DC three years ago. I don't mind this cold at all (actually like it better than the summers here) but it'll be nice to be in warm weather for the week. :)

So... we're one day away until we head to Ft. Lauderdale! I packed last night. My suitcase is currently at 39lbs and I still have a few things to add. Did I overpack?... I just like having a lot of options. I did pack eight pairs of shoes!

I'm already in vacation mode since I am writing this while I'm on the clock and "should be working". Let's hope my manager isn't a member of cruise critic.

Edited by romesauce

Interesting start to our vacation. Ben Carson and Donald trump Jr. are on our flight to Ft. Lauderdale. I was only able to take this picture of Don Jr. while waiting at our gate. Political affiliations aside (I'm a Democrat), still pretty cool. A few secret service agents are on this plane too. My husband got a picture of Ben Carson. He's currently sitting a few rows ahead of us reading the book "chase the lion" b4db7eda664242daa46d6d7b57958e91.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by romesauce

We are now at the Hilton marina hotel! Very nice room. We don't have a view of the port but we have a view of the marina. Getting a snack for myself and the husband. We're having a late dinner with a few friends. Nice, clean hotel so far. Taxi driver told us there's no point in taking the shuttle to the port tomorrow since it's 8 dollars per person when a cab ride will be 6-10 dollars total.

I will be interested in hearing your comparison. Your cruise history is somewhat similar to ours. Several RCL cruises, then we tried NCL Escape which we didn't hate nor love. Now we're on to the Celebrity Reflection in February. I've been on X before several years ago but was with a group of several friends which always changes the dynamic. I'm still nervous we're going to be bored on the Reflection and a lot younger than the average passenger (early/mid 30's) but it's too late to turn back now! The size of the Oasis class ships has never appealed to me but we may have to give it a try one of these days.

Definitely skip the hotel shuttle and get your own ride. Much easier and more pleasant!

I am so excited for you! We will be going on the Harmony January 14th! We will be in a Boardwalk balcony room. This will be the first time we will not have an Ocean view balcony, but I think it will be fine!

I just checked out the Port Everglades webcam, it looks like a beautiful day!

It's cruise daaaaaaay! We're about to check out. Going to have some coffee and then head to the cruise terminal! As for the hotel, it's been a nice overnight stay at Hilton marina but man, the pillows were horrible. I found one corner of the pillow that was comfy and tried to sleep. But that was the only bad part of this stay. We had room service last night and it was good. Chicken tenders and a chicken quesadilla. Nothing special but not bad either. Great service too. This is our view 7c850c179cb6a76ad19cf70e243f3c14.jpg

We used our hotels.com reward for this room and it worked out well! Now.. These caffeine headaches are kicking in so time for coffee!