Caribbean Princess Cruise

victorchou23

We were on the CB in August/September for a 29 day B2B. The activities were the same as we have experienced on other Princess ships. The karaoke, marriage show, yes/no game, bingo are all the same. We have seen very little difference. The menus are fleet wide and dependent on how many days the cruise is. We did a B2B in March and the week menu repeated as expected. We have not had a problem with the food, dining experience or overall ship experience. In short expect the same as you have had on previous Princess ships.

We just got off of the Caribbean on Sunday. The food quality was overall better than the past 2 Princess Cruises I have been on. The buffet and dinning room showed the most improvement (compared to the Royal) in quality. We did eat at the Crown Grill. DH's steak was a porterhouse and it was extremely marbled for a porterhouse. My Sea Bass was perfect.

The 4 singers they currently have were amazing. It was the best on board entertainment I have heard since my cruise on Holland many many years ago.

We just got off of the Caribbean on Sunday. The food quality was overall better than the past 2 Princess Cruises I have been on. The buffet and dinning room showed the most improvement (compared to the Royal) in quality. We did eat at the Crown Grill. DH's steak was a porterhouse and it was extremely marbled for a porterhouse. My Sea Bass was perfect.

The 4 singers they currently have were amazing. It was the best on board entertainment I have heard since my cruise on Holland many many years ago.

It's hard to believe but you've got my hopes up. :D

How are the activities, dining experience and over ship experience on the Caribbean Princess?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here is a link to the Roll Call get together's for the Caribbean Princess.

Go there and find your roll call. If there isn't one you can start one on a new thread there for your sailing date.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=106

• 2 weeks later...

Not only was the Wheelhouse Bar untouched but so was Sabitini's so far. The ships take on very large quantities of food supplies at different ports and the quality of certain foods (fresh vegetables, meats, fish etc) will vary according which port even in the USA the ships take on the food supplies. Lesser quality food just does not taste as good as higher quality food.

One thing we enjoyed on the CB this year was the Wheelhouse Bar. No Salty Dog Gastropub yet so we enjoyed the slow music while at the bar.

Agreed. Our last two cruises were T/A's on the CB. I am a big fan of the Wheelhouse Bar and am glad the Gastro Pub hasent been included......

Bob

I have to agree! We are just off this ship two weeks ago and after 25 plus Princess cruises, this was one of the better ones...really! At one point, the CB went downhill a bit, but it came back better than ever. The shows were fabulous!

That's great to hear as we will be boarding Jan 6.

Edited by beach_fever_4ever

It's hard to believe but you've got my hopes up. :D

We got off the CB on the 17th. We found the buffet to be bland with little variety. The MDR was its usual self. The theater had too many comedy shows. The Grown Grill was very good.

it seems to be hit and miss. The ship needs some sprucing up. The dry dock will help. The pillow top beds are needed. The TV's could use the Regal/Royal upgrade.

its still my favorite ship even with its current warts.

We got off the CB on the 17th. We found the buffet to be bland with little variety. The MDR was its usual self. The theater had too many comedy shows. The Grown Grill was very good.

it seems to be hit and miss. The ship needs some sprucing up. The dry dock will help. The pillow top beds are needed. The TV's could use the Regal/Royal upgrade.

its still my favorite ship even with its current warts.

The last time we were on the CB was in 2015 and found it needed TLC on many items back then. I was in hopes those items would have been replaced by now sine they weren't dry dock items. :(

As I recall the food back then was pretty good but that can change in a flash depending on the cook staff.

It sounds good about the comedy shows since I'm worn out by all the Princess production shows that are all beginning to look similar.

My least favorite of the dozen Princess ships I've sailed. They took the Grand class and shoved in an additional deck of cabins, upping the passenger load by 20% while not expanding the public spaces. And they did away with a covered pool, too. OK, I was on a cold-weather Transatlantic, but things were absolutely jammed: the trivia games were so overcrowded that people started showing up 45 minutes early just to get a seat. Finding a bit of floor space for Zumba was a trial. Maybe if it had been a sailing where more people spent more time outdoors...but it wasn't.

Yes, the food was fine. But the kitchen staff can change, while the ship's public spaces are never going to expand.

Oh, and the MUTS screen was dreadful.

Edited by shepp