December Caribbean sailing--evening temperatures/outerwear

Fleur25

I am sailing on the Royal Princess next Tuesday for 10 days in the Caribbean. I'm not sure about evening outerwear. Does it get chilly when the sun goes down? Do I need a light jacket? I'm thinking about movies under the stars for example. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Fleur25

Currently on cruise and it's hot and hotter with high humidity.

Wow! Can't get any more up to date information than that! Thank you for the info. I've heard the AC inside can be rather cold. Have you found that to be the case or does it feel good after the heat/humidity outside?

I take sweater, jacket, and long pants on every cruise I go on, just in case. I have, in fact, used each piece at least once.

Last month we had a long port day in Cozumel. By evening it had become windy and cool. Everyone on top deck was wearing a jacket. That's unusual, but personally, I like to be prepared.

WHERE in the Caribbean? If you are truly in the Caribbean, it's HOT all year round. Bahamas and Bermuda are NOT Caribbean countries...and can have cool weather.

I bring some sort of "wrap" every cruise, but have never needed it.

Per above ... except I need a wrap INSIDE the ship at times because of the a/c which can be quite chilly in public areas.

I was reminded of the fact that when the ship is in transit to the next port, it can be cool out on deck, due to the wind.

Thanks shipgeeks, that was actually a concern. I figured when the ship was moving, it could be a bit breezy. :)