Bachelorette Cruise

Klynna2994

I'm a fairly regular cruiser, and I'm considering planning a special cruise for my best friend's bachelorette party. Anyone have any bits of advice on how to make it a success?

Appreciate the help! :)

Bring their favorite band on board, :confused:.

Edited by BoDidly

I did a bachelorette cruise last year for my best friend and we had so much fun. I made bags for everyone with fun things like mardi gras beads, t-shirts, I made little mini "fun times" that had everyone's cabin number listed. We chose a different theme to dress up each night, and just had a really good time. :) We had times we all hung out, and times we all did our own thing. Don't over plan it, just add some extra fun things and it'll be great.

Make sure it's within everyone's budget. Even a three day cruise runs around $300 plus transportation to port plus hotel the night before etc. The bridal party has lots of other expenses to deal with. Don't get upset if not everyone can go.

Might make sense if you live near port.

Edited by SadieN

Make sure it's within everyone's budget. Even a three day cruise runs around $300 plus transportation to port plus hotel the night before etc. The bridal party has lots of other expenses to deal with. Don't get upset if not everyone can go.

This for sure and once everyone commits have them all pay you with no refunds. Otherwise, it will screw up the bookings and prices for others...like if you have two back out of a room for three.

I am considering doing this for my daughter and her bridal party. I will pay most of the expenses and just be the party planner while the girls go off and do their thing. My thought is to do a little daily gift following a welcoming gift bag. I have seen some very cute bridal party lanyards on ...Amazon?....Then, there are the usual highlighters, hand sanitizer, little packet of Kleenex etc. The follow up gifts will be port specific, first day a beach bag, some chocolates, or what have you.

I also plan to do a photo scavenger hunt but am looking for tasteful bachelorette ideas to personalize it. Like, a pic of a crew member wearing a little veil or a tiara, someone pretending to propose, etc.

Definitely matching tshirts! Make the bride wear a tiara or a sash to dinner every night.

I'll share more ideas as I come up with them if you will too.

If someone cannot afford it, do you really want them there? Let the price of the bachelorette party discriminate, so you don't have to.

.......This post has been a joke, any and all similarities to an actual post are unintentional and not the fault of the posting agent.

If someone cannot afford it, do you really want them there? Let the price of the bachelorette party discriminate, so you don't have to.

. [/size]

There was a recent thread about a bachelorette party cruise that imploded because, at final payment, only the bride was financially able to go. After flights etc were already purchased.

Edited by SadieN

I probably should have mentioned this in my original post: I do realize something like this can get expensive and am taking that into consideration. As of right now, I'm just coming up with some fun, non-traditional bachelorette party ideas. Of course, I will make sure that the entire bridal party will be able to experience this celebration.

Again, thanks for the feedback! :)

There was a recent thread about a bachelorette party cruise that imploded because, at final payment, only the bride was financially able to go. After flights etc were already purchased.

I remember that. The invitees never said a word until it was too late. How crushing to the bride.

Well, I think Klynna2994 was going to pay for the whole party. That way, it will for sure be a hit.

Scavenger hunt for sure!!

First time I did a scavenger hunt the list had an umbrella on it. I first thought who brings an umbrella on a cruise?? Finally dawned on me the drinks have them. Duh!

On one trip one lady from the roll call brought pipe cleaners to make tiaras to wear to tea. Sounded dumb to me. We had so much fun! The guys got into it more than the women. Got a lot of looks and laughs at tea.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Found it....

Friends backing out on cruise week before final payment

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2409598

...Just don't be that one group that got way too drunk and rowdy in the dining room and started shouting to one in their group to lift her shirt and show everyone her breasts...

But, if that does happen, when and what ship? Asking for a friend.

We were in the boarding line behind a bachelorette party group 2 weeks ago. They looked like they were well into the having fun portion of the cruise. Their shirts all said "Last Sail Before the Veil". Saw them a few times during the cruise and they were never not having fun that I saw. Y'all should have a great time!