Conquest review 12/4-12-10

brittatx89

Conquest short review

Just off the Conquest sailing 12/4-12-10 sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades). Second cruise me and my big sister have taken, we flew in from TX the night before with a check in time of 1230 at the cruise terminal. The line was ghastly, probably the worst part of the trip but the way I see it I was standing in line to get on a cruise ship to go on vacation so…:D. There was an announcement that the previous passengers were delayed in disembarking so this was the cause of the delay no big deal.

First thing we did once on board was to grab a Drink. My sister got a choclatini and I got a strawberry daiquiri both were awesome and made by the coolest bartender ever, her name was Myrriot pronounced like the hotel chain. After muster, we relaxed in the room a bit and then went to the buffet for dinner. Happy to see the new hand wash stations they had, or they’re new to me at least can’t remember if they were on the Magic or not since I used the sanitizer stations.

First sea day we went to alchemy, played some trivia in the atrium watched the Thriller dance class and just sort of walked around the ship and people watched. We went to the fun shops and browsed and had a relaxed day.

Second day we ported at Amber Cove, we booked a late excursion but got off the boat at around 8:30am and just explored the little touristy area just off the pier. We both got our passports stamped, and then shopped. I picked up some pineapple rum cream (yum) and some coffee. Sister got some coffee and a few shot glasses. We went on the countryside zip lining adventure through Carnival, it was awesome! I will caution however that there is tons of walking/hiking involved so if you’re thinking about it keep that in mind. We got back to the room took a quick nap and then went to the Chef’s table which was phenomenal.

I have the menu if anyone is interested, but I think it’s probably the same menu as others have posted before.

Third day we were in Grand Turk and we had an early excursion the deluxe catamaran sail and snorkel through carnival. Again we had an awesome time. Lots of people on board good music and rum punch lots and lots and lots of rum punch :D. Once back on board we ate at Guys which was okay to me. My sister loved the chili burger she had a couple more that week. We’re not really into shows or anything so we just relaxed in the room and walked around lido to people watch.

Day four second sea day. Again just kind of hung out in the room I did laundry and we split a sandwich tray I previously had ordered from the fun shops for lunch. Dinner we went to the buffet, and since this was the second formal night they had tidbits from the MDR menu. The highlight of which were the stuffed mushrooms and the flat iron steak…wow. I normally wouldn’t chose that cut of meat but it was tender juicy and cooked just right.

Day five was Nassau, there was a brief safety advisory prior to debarkation, though we didn’t experience any problems of that nature. Again we got our passports stamped, did some shopping in the straw market, and went to Starbucks for coffee. Went on a Carnival tour from and made it back on board with plenty of time to spare. We packed up in about an hour settled our accounts and got our liquor delivery to the cabin which was cool since last year we had to pick up our liquor in the MDR on debarkation day. Overall we had a great time, both of us are already thinking about our next Carnival cruise thinking of sailing on the Vista.

If you have questions ask away!

Thanks for your review.

How late were people still getting off the ship when you arrived?

How was service in the MDR? Have read mixed reviews on the Conquest, glad to see you enjoyed it.

We stuck with lido for all of our meals unfortunately no MDR this time around.

I know we arrived at Port everglades just a few minutes before our check in at 1230. We didn't get on board until almost 0200 or 0215.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Conquest short review

Just off the Conquest sailing 12/4-12-10 sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades). Second cruise me and my big sister have taken, we flew in from TX the night before with a check in time of 1230 at the cruise terminal. The line was ghastly, probably the worst part of the trip but the way I see it I was standing in line to get on a cruise ship to go on vacation so…:D. There was an announcement that the previous passengers were delayed in disembarking so this was the cause of the delay no big deal.

First thing we did once on board was to grab a Drink. My sister got a choclatini and I got a strawberry daiquiri both were awesome and made by the coolest bartender ever, her name was Myrriot pronounced like the hotel chain. After muster, we relaxed in the room a bit and then went to the buffet for dinner. Happy to see the new hand wash stations they had, or they’re new to me at least can’t remember if they were on the Magic or not since I used the sanitizer stations.

First sea day we went to alchemy, played some trivia in the atrium watched the Thriller dance class and just sort of walked around the ship and people watched. We went to the fun shops and browsed and had a relaxed day.

Second day we ported at Amber Cove, we booked a late excursion but got off the boat at around 8:30am and just explored the little touristy area just off the pier. We both got our passports stamped, and then shopped. I picked up some pineapple rum cream (yum) and some coffee. Sister got some coffee and a few shot glasses. We went on the countryside zip lining adventure through Carnival, it was awesome! I will caution however that there is tons of walking/hiking involved so if you’re thinking about it keep that in mind. We got back to the room took a quick nap and then went to the Chef’s table which was phenomenal.

I have the menu if anyone is interested, but I think it’s probably the same menu as others have posted before.

Third day we were in Grand Turk and we had an early excursion the deluxe catamaran sail and snorkel through carnival. Again we had an awesome time. Lots of people on board good music and rum punch lots and lots and lots of rum punch :D. Once back on board we ate at Guys which was okay to me. My sister loved the chili burger she had a couple more that week. We’re not really into shows or anything so we just relaxed in the room and walked around lido to people watch.

Day four second sea day. Again just kind of hung out in the room I did laundry and we split a sandwich tray I previously had ordered from the fun shops for lunch. Dinner we went to the buffet, and since this was the second formal night they had tidbits from the MDR menu. The highlight of which were the stuffed mushrooms and the flat iron steak…wow. I normally wouldn’t chose that cut of meat but it was tender juicy and cooked just right.

Day five was Nassau, there was a brief safety advisory prior to debarkation, though we didn’t experience any problems of that nature. Again we got our passports stamped, did some shopping in the straw market, and went to Starbucks for coffee. Went on a Carnival tour from and made it back on board with plenty of time to spare. We packed up in about an hour settled our accounts and got our liquor delivery to the cabin which was cool since last year we had to pick up our liquor in the MDR on debarkation day. Overall we had a great time, both of us are already thinking about our next Carnival cruise thinking of sailing on the Vista.

If you have questions ask away!

My family and I was on this cruise with you. We all had a wonderful time. I was actually celebrating my 40th bday :D:eek: We have also planned another cruise already..lol leaving from Galveston as we reside in Texas also. Wish I could be enjoying another cruise now...however work calls lol

We stuck with lido for all of our meals unfortunately no MDR this time around.

I know we arrived at Port everglades just a few minutes before our check in at 1230. We didn't get on board until almost 0200 or 0215.

My family and I use the MDR and had no issues. Service was great and food was hot.

My family and I was on this cruise with you. We all had a wonderful time. I was actually celebrating my 40th bday :D:eek: We have also planned another cruise already..lol leaving from Galveston as we reside in Texas also. Wish I could be enjoying another cruise now...however work calls lol

Happy anniversary!

Yes I dream of the day I can retire and cruise 3 to 4 times a year...oh well.