TRS Refund At OPT

Yes OP you are correct the table is just after immigration.

We have claimed ther before. It was very easy to do.

Just make sure you have the purchases and receipts with you and not packed in your suitcase that you gave to the bag handlers.:eek:

I tried to use the app at the OPT last year and they told me I couldn't use it as they were not set up for it. Not sure if that has changed but I will find out next week :)

Hi ShopahplicBowler,

I've downloaded the TRS app tonight and entered my claim details for our Tuesday Sailing next week to the South Pacific.

But just in case OPT is not set up foe the TRS app this year, how did you go about claiming last year?

Thank you in advance for the info.

Regards,

Judy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi ShopahplicBowler,

I've downloaded the TRS app tonight and entered my claim details for our Tuesday Sailing next week to the South Pacific.

But just in case OPT is not set up foe the TRS app this year, how did you go about claiming last year?

Thank you in advance for the info.

Regards,

Judy

Hi Judy

Last year the person working at the desk just entered the details into the computer. The refund was still electronic so took a couple of days to appear in bank. Also there was only person at the desk last year so there could be a queue.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise 😊

Regards

Leesa

• 1 month later...
I tried to use the app at the OPT last year and they told me I couldn't use it as they were not set up for it. Not sure if that has changed but I will find out next week :)

Hi, just wondering whether you were able to use the app at OPT this time around?

Cheers

Hi, just wondering whether you were able to use the app at OPT this time around?

Cheers

Hi TheRedShirt,

The OPT TRS is still not linked to the TRS app. But the claim process is very quick. The gentleman keyed in the details in his computer.

Enjoy your cruise.

Cheers,

Judy

• 11 months later...

We are travelling on the Ovation in a couple of weeks. Our allocated check-in is 12-12.30pm with a 6.30pm departure.

The TRS website advises that the booth at the OPT Sydney is manned approximately 1-4 hours prior to departure.

I believe once on board, we will not be allowed to leave the ship. Does this mean we will not be able to claim the refund of GST?

Thank you in advance for your help Nana:o

If it is anything like Brisbane the other week the booth was left unmanned with the forms and envelopes left on the desk with a lockbox. Fill out the form and put in the envelope with your original receipt the refund will be processed and receipt mailed back to you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We are travelling on the Ovation in a couple of weeks. Our allocated check-in is 12-12.30pm with a 6.30pm departure.

The TRS website advises that the booth at the OPT Sydney is manned approximately 1-4 hours prior to departure.

I believe once on board, we will not be allowed to leave the ship. Does this mean we will not be able to claim the refund of GST?

Thank you in advance for your help Nana:o

Hi a 6:30 departure (18:30) would require all on board at least 2 hours before that time . The manifset ( document listing passengers and crew for customs ) has to be submitted and approved to clear the ship to set sail . You will not be allowed to just walk back of ship . When you get to Aust Border Force Officers ,they will check your pass port behind them to your right will be the TRS desk you can claim your gst refund there must have reciept $300 + from the one shop and have the merchandise .

Bon Voyarge

Keep in mind that slot with RCL means from that point on. i.e. it's not that you must check in before 12:30 (or be turned away!).

So if it gives you comfort, choose a check in time that meets both criteria - no hurry!