Anyone use the royal IQ app?

Has anyone used the royal IQ app? It appears you can only use once on board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct- it's only useful when on board certain ships- Quantum, Anthem, and now Harmony.

For free- it's nice to use to make reservations and keep track of your schedule. For a fee (which we didn't do), it can be used to communicate with others on board.

On Harmony now. I find Royal IQ helpful for seeing your calendar and seeing SOME aspects of the Cruise Compass. What it doesn't show are times certain things are open (eg restaurants, Flowrider, rock wall).

Also I found it useless to book anything. Any time I tried to book entertainment, restaurants, I kept getting error messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We found the app very useful on our recent Harmony cruise. The biggest help was setting up dining in specialty restaurants as soon as we were on board. I didn't have to go find a line and stand there wasting precious time of my vacation. I never had a problem canceling reservations or scheduling anything.

My DH and I used it on Anthem for keeping in touch ($7.95 each), well worth it to have my DH go somewhere without me but still be able to find me when he wanted to.

Also, used it for scheduling dining - made and cancelled reservations all week with no problem at all. Was useful to view the Compass also.

We used it on our just-ended Anthem sailing. It was nice to be able to take care of our own meal reservations for specialty\MTD and it's was a much better interface for looking at our charges than the crappy tv app was.

Used the Royal app on Anthem last year. It was very useful for making or changing dinner reservations and booking iFly and North Star. Just know that if you try for a dining time on the app and it's not available, go to the restaurant you'll probably get what you want. We did this a few times and the front desk gave us the time that the app would not. This was at Chops. It is nice to view the Compass on the app too.