Update On Smoking Indy Cruise

Ski-Lady

I just wanted to up date everyone on the action taken by RCI corporate in regards to what happened to us on our recent Indy cruise.

Per several suggestions I did email Micheal Bayley's office on Saturday. Monday evening I got a call from the executive office about my email. They told me they were very sorry about what happened and the smoking policy was not followed on-board the ship.

Bottom line, the crew is being retrained on the smoking policy. The people who were smoking will be reviewed before they can book on RCI again. Not sure what that means. And we received a modest on board credit for our next cruise in March. Also the person I talked to said to keep his e-mail and phone number and if we have any problems in the future to contact him directly.

There was not a mention of writing off the medical charges which I did not expect because we did have cruise insurance to cover those. To get reimbursed for those is just going to take time.

Over all I am happy with the result. As I stated, overall we have been happy with RCI and hope this is an isolated incident. I hope we get to cruise on the Indy again. She is a beautiful ship and, aside from the smoking, the crew was one the best ever.

I just wanted to up date everyone on the action taken by RCI corporate in regards to what happened to us on our recent Indy cruise.

Per several suggestions I did email Micheal Bayley's office on Saturday. Monday evening I got a call from the executive office about my email. They told me they were very sorry about what happened and the smoking policy was not followed on-board the ship.

Bottom line, the crew is being retrained on the smoking policy. The people who were smoking will be reviewed before they can book on RCI again. Not sure what that means. And we received a modest on board credit for our next cruise in March. Also the person I talked to said to keep his e-mail and phone number and if we have any problems in the future to contact him directly.

There was not a mention of writing off the medical charges which I did not expect because we did have cruise insurance to cover those. To get reimbursed for those is just going to take time.

Over all I am happy with the result. As I stated, overall we have been happy with RCI and hope this is an isolated incident. I hope we get to cruise on the Indy again. She is a beautiful ship and, aside from the smoking, the crew was one the best ever.

Thank you for the update. Glad you were able to get someone to finally listen to you. Good job.

Edited by davekathy

Excellent news! I know the crew doesn't want to upset or offend anyone, but I don't understand why sometimes there is more weight given to the offenders feelings than those of the offendees.

And in this case the offenders put someone's health at risk! I hope your husband is doing well now and that you get to enjoy a future balcony-smoke-free cruise.

Excellent news! I know the crew doesn't want to upset or offend anyone, but I don't understand why sometimes there is more weight given to the offenders feelings than those of the offendees.

And in this case the offenders put someone's health at risk! I hope your husband is doing well now and that you get to enjoy a future balcony-smoke-free cruise.

Soooo true! Glad you got it worked out.