LIVE Trip Report VISTA Dec 17-24, 2016

Love2Cruz2015

Sadly, no. "Dr. Strange" & "Fantastic Beasts....."

I am on this same cruise, but I will wait until I am home to post my photos/review. My experiences will be slightly different as I am traveling with my husband only. We are staying in the Havana area (Love it), have Thermal Suite passes (Enjoyable), and have several specialty dining planned.

The ship is beautiful, and I am surprised by those that feel it lacks "Wow!" It is also full to the brim with people. I have heard we are at max capacity, including 900+ kids.

Where did you receive the passes for the thermal suites? My DH has a back injury and we are booked on the lido deck with friends. I am getting us couples massages but would love for him to be able to use the thermal suites. We sail in September. Thank you!!

We will be living in the same state in a few mire years.

Did those emotion sickness pills work? I will be traveling with a party of 6 and half have never cruised before so I am not sure if they will get sea sick. I want to make sure I get them some pills or something. Any recommendation?

I do suffer from motion sickness--every cruise. I start by taking a Bonine (or generic) the night before we board the ship and every night thereafter, including the night we get home.

Bonine (meclizine) is the same as the less-drowsy version of Dramamine, which knocks me out. That's why I take it at bedtime--I can sleep off any drowsiness.

My doctor recommended it as it doesn't interfere with my meds. I believe most of the med centers on the ship have it, but I don't know how much the charge is. I do know that it's sold in the shop on the Royal ships, but $$. Better to pick up some generic from Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc., to have on hand if it's needed.

Thank you for taking the time for your thorough review and photos! Can't wait to see this ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for doing the review on the Vista!!! Other reviews I have seen have been more about the ports than the actual ship. We sail in September on a 6 day cruise so I am very interested on the new ship features and how it looks!!! Continue to have fun and enjoy her as I am living through you until I get to set sail on her :D:D:D

Staying on the virtually empty ship today. Spent most of the morning in the Tides pool and whirlpool. Going to do the sky ride and waterslides-no lines!! And work in my tan of course.

671eeeb6c40c9d2e131fee9135617fc0.jpg

Breakfast this morning

4cf820a6ae126e144f7c999c4ddb817f.jpg

97ee7c32cb5867db01b1fdb4fde54cc6.jpg

3ae04d1a67ba31751716a2857880aebb.jpg

fc3128b2c05e32e690e747c8f6f19301.jpg

2fb29d69a52a68c1ce5bf06b2837f37e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Love2Cruz2015

I do suffer from motion sickness--every cruise. I start by taking a Bonine (or generic) the night before we board the ship and every night thereafter, including the night we get home.

Bonine (meclizine) is the same as the less-drowsy version of Dramamine, which knocks me out. That's why I take it at bedtime--I can sleep off any drowsiness.

My doctor recommended it as it doesn't interfere with my meds. I believe most of the med centers on the ship have it, but I don't know how much the charge is. I do know that it's sold in the shop on the Royal ships, but $$. Better to pick up some generic from Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc., to have on hand if it's needed.

Thank you for taking the time for your thorough review and photos! Can't wait to see this ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I will look into those.

We are here waiting for the Amor Cubans show, no wait, lots of seats still left.

Here are some updates.

Capitano was a bust. I ordered the lasagna but I didn't care for it. Too much meat, I believe it was short ribs. I'm not a big meat eater so I ended up having pizza from deck 10. The Caesar salad was good and I did sample my moms alfredo and that was very good. I guess I'll have that instead next time.

fe32c669d64caf7087c1ff2e1b391197.jpg

00713cc0960541a13ca19a3ed061034b.jpg

95b349bdc7802f3401ff1f9485f1a886.jpg

Tonight's graphics

df9492a6c7038a2f61c432d78c739644.jpg

255c5f5b608b86ebfcaaa02c7cff6798.jpg

I agree about the meat in the lasagna. Awful. And no ricotta in it. But I did enjoy the Caesar salad. I had grilled garlic shrimp added to mine and it was excellent.

Havana cont.

0831978a1533303dcadd9e4032aada9b.jpg

red frog

4154c2987b71a94560fece4051f54436.jpg

3e809f78b7617071b4206728887c67cc.jpg

9955f7c686b1d8c8d32993bf4ba7bda1.jpg

16abdaf027c617ea24065b3767ab0d1b.jpg

Outdoor part of red frog-I like these tables. We have these swinging tables at a local restaurant right on the inter coastal in my neighborhood.

a7e191c3f5bab02c4b1c200565cf4b9c.jpg

We do too. You said you were one hour away from Miami so are we where are you from. We are in Boynton Beach. Those tables remind me of Two Georges on the intercoastal

So morning was Tides, afternoon was Main pool on Lido. My DD did the slides, she loved them, I chickened out, not because I was scared but I thought the water was too cold. Lol

We tried to do the sky ride but we were in our swimsuits and wet and you have to be fully clothed and dry, so we'll try again tomorrow.

Here are some more pics from today.

3fb589809641cca101f49d15915f93b2.jpg

Lido buffet area

9e857c50e16ebf1bf21c191fd4438709.jpg

Guy's

51314eeda3f66990f7e816580d175eb9.jpg

b83f7897dda1d8fcd312eb7f02e91a9b.jpg

19854be845b2e4d113da161c125da8e5.jpg

1985bddec86127ce1742bd77d5a205b0.jpg

Where are you today? I heard San Juan and then st marten? I know there was an emergency on the ship today.

Our itinerary got reversed due to weather.

I heard a crew alert this morning but I thought it was a drill, so not sure what happened.

We do too. You said you were one hour away from Miami so are we where are you from. We are in Boynton Beach. Those tables remind me of Two Georges on the intercoastal

Yup, the Two George's was exactly what I was talking about, lol

This is an awesome review! I love the fact that you are on the ship as you post it. Thank you!!!

My family will port out on Vista January 22nd. The number one "to do" on my list is always "find the ship's coin". If you've seen it and have a picture please post it. I don't really want to know exactly where it is because that's part of the fun having to search for it.

Thanks again for doing this! It's great!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up about Capitano. I saw another recent poor review of the food there so I will save my time and money instead.

Don't skip it at lunch!! Doesn't cost extra at that time and you get a great choice of pastas, sauces, proteins and vegetables. The bow tie pasta with clam sauce or butter with shrimp and chicken is awesome! I add spinach and grape tomatoes to mine also. Try it at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't skip it at lunch!! Doesn't cost extra at that time and you get a great choice of pastas, sauces, proteins and vegetables. The bow tie pasta with clam sauce or butter with shrimp and chicken is awesome! I add spinach and grape tomatoes to mine also. Try it at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may not want to skip it for dinner and paying either. Look the OP didn't like the lasagna, but her crew enjoyed their dishes. As you've pointed out, there are many different dishes to chose from. On the Breeze the Mama's (?) meatballs were excellent and were several other dishes. Service may or may not be good anywhere, depends on the waitstaff serving you. We've had both great and lousy service in the MDR for seated dining, your time dining, Steakhouse, Ji-Jis. Bonshi Sushi, bars. etc.