Right choice as a Xmas gift?

I'd like to hear your thoughts/various viewpoints.

I decided to book a cruise for my mom & sister as a Xmas gift. This will be their first cruise. My mom is in her 70s and has been taking care of her mom, who is dying from cancer, for the last two years. Her mom is definitely in her last days. My sister is in her 40s.

I am looking to cruise in late June/early July. Based on the budget I've decided to work inside, I booked a 5-day Bermuda cruise on the Grandeur. The other option would be a 5-day Canada & New England cruise on the Anthem. I've cruise Anthem to Bermuda before & I loved it. I am not willing to foot an Anthem to Bermuda (for three) bill right now so am left with Anthem to Canada & New England OR Grandeur to Bermuda.

What are your thoughts? Think I've made the right choice for their first cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both are fabulous...it's a tough choice! I think it would depend on what they are into.

Bermuda beaches are great and it's such a clean island.

But New England is an amazing experience with wonderful food and beautiful sites.

Have they already been to one of them?

Food and activity wise...I prefer Anthem to Grandeur.

Granduer is one of our favorite ships as relaxation is our top priority. Also love Bermuda - headed there again in May.

A 5-day cruise to Bermuda on the Grandeur is a GREAT choice!

Thanks. My husband agrees as well. I thought I made a good choice just wanted confirmation from fellow cruisers.

Both are fabulous...it's a tough choice! I think it would depend on what they are into.

Bermuda beaches are great and it's such a clean island.

But New England is an amazing experience with wonderful food and beautiful sites.

Have they already been to one of them?

Food and activity wise...I prefer Anthem to Grandeur.

They've only been to Canada (not Nova Scotia). Neither have been to an island of any sort. They like to be entertained but also need the opportunity to just sit back and relax...a little wine & music! My mom loves bingo & slot machines as well.

I recently did a 9 night NE/Canada cruise on anthem with my family. As much as we all enjoyed it, my mom and her best friend, both 80, were ready for it to be over.

Her friend is very active and can give me a run for my money... She had a great time but asked me if we do this again, can we do a shorter cruise... and possibly a smaller ship :)

Not sure how active your mom is but its something to think about...

I recently did a 9 night NE/Canada cruise on anthem with my family. As much as we all enjoyed it, my mom and her best friend, both 80, were ready for it to be over.

Her friend is very active and can give me a run for my money... She had a great time but asked me if we do this again, can we do a shorter cruise... and possibly a smaller ship :)

Not sure how active your mom is but its something to think about...

Great perspective. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app